Author Topic: 1841 census lookup request  (Read 4289 times)

Offline Trisha

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
1841 census lookup request
« on: Wednesday 02 March 05 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
is it possible that someone could find the following 2 people for me in the 1841 census?Both went on to live in Berwick but as their place of birth is given as 'Scotland',I was wondering if that might be in Berwickshire?

Ellen OUTTERSON-born circa 1825
Isabella Miller BUGLASS-daughter of above-born 1849-
John BUGLASS- born circa 1793-occ,Fisherman

Many thanks,
Trisha
Nottinghamshire: Pacey Hoe Hubbard Taylor,Plumber,Ownsworth,Harvey
Lincolnshire: Pacey Ragsdell Trafford Skelton Norton Lincoln Chester Smith Gilbert Palmer Rawding Baggerley Pask Welch Wright Green Clarke Dawson Grey Johnson Burton Wright Scargall Day.
Bedfordshire: Timms Virgin Hallsworth Kirby Osborn Basset Nixson Harding Odell Clark Thompson.
Northamptonshire: Ragsdell Waller Coales Breem Peak Wallet. Drake.
Norfolk: Palmer Howard Harpely Codling Mark

Offline Trisha

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census lookup request
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 13:47 GMT (UK) »
further to the post I've just put on.I meant to type 1841 and 1851 censuses.

Sorry for the mixup, :-[
Trisha.
Lincolnshire: Pacey Ragsdell Trafford Skelton Norton Lincoln Chester Smith Gilbert Palmer Rawding Baggerley Pask Welch Wright Green Clarke Dawson Grey Johnson Burton Wright Scargall Day.
Bedfordshire: Timms Virgin Hallsworth Kirby Osborn Basset Nixson Harding Odell Clark Thompson.

Offline erik the Viking

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 20:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Trisha,
                I have an Isabella Miller Buglass in my tree - Father Peter Buglass - mother Ellen Outterson. I have more info en-route to me about Peter and his father. One of Peter's children (Thomas Outterson Buglass) is my GGFather. I would appreciate any info you can give.
I have Thomas and his family in the 1901 census, cannot find them in 1891, Have them in 1881 and have his father Peter in 1871, 1881 and 1891 censuses.

I have the British Archive CD for 1861 Nothumberland census but I have scanned the Berwick pages and can only find a couple of Buglass's - none of them mine.

Some one suggested Ellen came from Coldstream and might have been listed as Helen Otterson..

I don't know if this helps - if you want any more info please contact me.

REgards
Erik

Offline Betty M

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 November 05 02:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trisha,
I just now joined RootsChat and decided to take a look at a few of the messages for Berwickshire.  Quite by random, I came across your query.  Would you believe a researcher sent me information today regarding the burial place of an Isabella Miller (My maiden name is Millar and my ancestors were in Berwickshire).  The following is what I received:

Edrom, BEW cemetery:
#165 - by Willilam OUTTERSON - wife Isabella MILLER - 8/9/1867 62 yrs son Thomas 13/3/1852 7 yrs.     

This is not my Isabella, but since the MI included both OUTTERSON and MILLER, I thought perhaps it could possibly have a connection to your family.   I note that you posted your message almost nine months ago, so your query may be obsolete by now. 

Good luck,

Betty

Offline Trisha

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 November 05 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Betty,
many thanks for the info.
Don't worry the query isn't obsolete.I'm still looking for info.
Can you explain some of the wording though?Is it William or Isabella who has died on 8/9/1867 aged 62 yrs?.
Best wishes,
Trisha :) :) :)