Author Topic: James Donnelly c1854 (m M Rourke, d Dora Ann, Mary) Royal Artillery, India  (Read 2518 times)

Offline klmr14

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm trying to trace information on James Donnelly. Here's what I know:

c1854 - James Donnelly born in Co Kildare
c1856 - Married a Mary Rourke born in Co Wicklow
James Donnelly joined the Royal Artillery - we think, the Horse Artillery
c1878 - we think had a daughter, Mary
1881 - on Census in Woolwich, London
1885 -  had a daughter, Dora Ann, in St Thomas, Exeter, Devon - James listed as Gunner

Then we don't know anymore except that Dora Ann married my g grandfather Arthur James Robinson in Jubbulpore, India in 1909. James is listed as an Army Pensioner and a J Donnelly was a witness at the wedding.

Any help gratefully received. not knowing James' regiment within the RA is proving a problem.

Thanks

Kathryn

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: James Donnelly c1854 (m M Rourke, d Dora Ann, Mary) Royal Artillery, India
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 August 09 14:28 BST (UK) »
do you have any idea where in Co. Wicklow Mary was born ?

Some parish record transcripts (RC baptisms only) are available on line on the pay site of the Irish Family History Foundation at www.irish-roots.ie   Kildare records are also available on this site.

also do you know where the couple married and had their daughter Mary ?

If the marriage and birth was in Ireland and from 1864 (which would fit with their ages)  then these should be included in the civil register. An online copy is available on familysearch : http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=2;t=searchable;c=1408347

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests