Author Topic: Anthony Perrier JP  (Read 55368 times)

Offline DWalls

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Perrier JP
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 01:48 BST (UK) »

Hi Joysma,

Have a look at  Reply    1  ( Mary )

And then    Reply no   11,  13 , & 15 .       And posts  in between.

We have meetings  in Cork with Martin   & also with  James  .

A huge amount of Perrier  history  is with us.

Last year we went to Sydney & Brisbane  & saw the  Australian  Perrier  Trail  ( Bathhurst )

Keep in touch   via Land Line   or  here. or by " e " mail

We are visiting  The Perrier  gang in Florida in September.

David   Walls               ( Mother was Stella Perrier )

Offline Joysma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 02:33 BST (UK) »
Hi David,
Thank you for seeing & responding to my first ever post here.  Sounds like we'd be distant relatives too after reading your responses to other people here.
I had seen before the replies & posts you refer to but had never got around to having any input here until yesterday.
I never realised that there was any Perriers in Brisbane but then again the world's a small place really.
I'm in Queensland too. 
David Perrier who came out to Australia in November 1828 was my great great grandfather.
It's fascinating that you were in Australia last year 'on the Perrier trail'.
Joysma
Perrier;  Mc Kinlay.

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Joysma,

Were you asking me for photos?

Woodchurch I noticed you mentioned Lindville and Nadrid,   A lady in UK came to visit
Cork last year and she was related to the Lindsays /Warrens of Lindville, Maryville, & Janeville.
I showed her the three areas, Janeville House, no longer there. Houses built on the land.
Lindville House still there, however lots of houses built around the house.  The lodge is still there.

We also visited Nadrid house, now a guest house with lots of outbuildings by the Riverside.
A very nice helpful  owner named Penny.

Woodchurch I came across a headstone , only today , at St Finbarrs cemetery ( where your
Clarke family from Farran are buried - already sent you the photos)  for a "Cooper Clarke".

Also came across a "Wheeler " headstone today. 

Joysma sent me a PM with your email address and I can send you some relevant photos.

Mary
Celtic Liberty
Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,

Offline Joysma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 23:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Joysma,

Were you asking me for photos?

Woodchurch I noticed you mentioned Lindville and Nadrid,   A lady in UK came to visit
Cork last year and she was related to the Lindsays /Warrens of Lindville, Maryville, & Janeville.
I showed her the three areas, Janeville House, no longer there. Houses built on the land.
Lindville House still there, however lots of houses built around the house.  The lodge is still there.

We also visited Nadrid house, now a guest house with lots of outbuildings by the Riverside.
A very nice helpful  owner named Penny.

Woodchurch I came across a headstone , only today , at St Finbarrs cemetery ( where your
Clarke family from Farran are buried - already sent you the photos)  for a "Cooper Clarke".

Also came across a "Wheeler " headstone today. 

Joysma sent me a PM with your email address and I can send you some relevant photos.

Mary
Celtic Liberty
Hello Mary,

Way back in March 2010 that had been a conversation with others on here where you had said that you had photos of Perriers graves in Ireland.  I had been interested in seeing them as well.  I've come onto this site just in the last few days tho I did join months ago.  I haven't participated until now.  I'm an ancestor (in Australia) of Perriers & have started doing family research in the last 9/10 months.  Over the years the family has heard stories of the Perriers in Ireland & how they'd fled France originally in the 1600's.  Anything else that we can find out is fantastic.
Joysma
Perrier;  Mc Kinlay.

Offline LORC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 08 August 13 00:24 BST (UK) »
Josma  If you go back to page i on this topic, you will see I posted the name of  book to read with chapter re Perriers. My 4th gt gfr's grandson BESNARD married into Perriers. They were all Huguenots. and Mary...Celtic Liberty. Have you ever come across TWISS in Kerry graveyards? circa 1682.(Richard Twiss of Birdhill was my 7th gt gfr.  Lorraine
RADLEY  LINDSEY  ARMSTRONG BESNARD BEECHER/BECHER  WARREN CROOKE NASH LEAHY BARRY  COOPER  .JERVOIS  BALDWIN.  LEADER....CORK

Offline Joysma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 08 August 13 01:13 BST (UK) »
Josma  If you go back to page i on this topic, you will see I posted the name of  book to read with chapter re Perriers. My 4th gt gfr's grandson BESNARD married into Perriers. They were all Huguenots. and Mary...Celtic Liberty. Have you ever come across TWISS in Kerry graveyards? circa 1682.(Richard Twiss of Birdhill was my 7th gt gfr.  Lorraine
Thanks for that info Lorraine.  I had already printed off just yesterday all of the pages about the Perriers with the idea of reading them more intently.  With my ancestry research I haven't come across the name Twiss.  As far as I'm aware I never had any ancestors in Kerry.  Cork & Cavan is all I know about.
Joysma
Perrier;  Mc Kinlay.

Offline LORC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 08 August 13 01:39 BST (UK) »
Sorry I meant the Richard Twiss part for Mary. Must have put it in your message by mistake.  Lorraine
RADLEY  LINDSEY  ARMSTRONG BESNARD BEECHER/BECHER  WARREN CROOKE NASH LEAHY BARRY  COOPER  .JERVOIS  BALDWIN.  LEADER....CORK

Offline LORC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 08 August 13 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary   aka Celtic Liberty. Have you ever come across Richard Twiss grave died 1682 in Kerry? Twiss of Birdhill, my 7th gt gfr.

Lorraine   Australia

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 08 August 13 11:16 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

To Joysma I will send you some photos which I think may be relevant.

To Lorc,  I havn't come across anymore Twiss,  the one I found in Youghal was illegible almost.
I did come across an article in the library about a Twiss originally from Birdhill Co Limerick
who changed his name from Twiss but much more recent than 1600's.

Mary
Celtic Liberty
Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,