Author Topic: 1891 census sligo middleton  (Read 3681 times)

Offline NANAANNEMARIE

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1891 census sligo middleton
« on: Tuesday 04 May 04 02:12 BST (UK) »
Looking for info on Elizabeth Middleton from Sligo.  I do know she married Charles Dunne and lived in Mullagh, Dromahair, Leitrim and was dead by 1901.  Believe her father to be John Middleton from Sligo.   Elizabeth and Charles had at least 7 childen, again find Charles and 5 children in Mullagh in 1901.  
Who is Elizabeth?

Family lore has it that we are relatd to Yeats.  Know his grandmother was also elizabeth Middleton, but have had no luck cnnecting the families
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
Dunne, Middleton,       Leitrim
McManus, Gallagher,   Fermanagh

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 census sligo middleton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 August 05 19:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Nanaannemarie!

You may experience some difficulty accessing the Irish Census records as many were destroyed in WW1 and during a fire at the Public Records Office in 1922.

For details of census returns available (and suitable substitue information) see http://www.nireland.com/genealogy/census.html

For some links to the patchy census details available online see http://www.census-online.com/links/Ireland/

Good luck and best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dmbaccord

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 January 06 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Looking for info on Elizabeth Middleton from Sligo.  I do know she married Charles Dunne and lived in Mullagh, Dromahair, Leitrim and was dead by 1901.  Believe her father to be John Middleton from Sligo.   Elizabeth and Charles had at least 7 childen, again find Charles and 5 children in Mullagh in 1901.  
Who is Elizabeth?

Family lore has it that we are relatd to Yeats.  Know his grandmother was also elizabeth Middleton, but have had no luck cnnecting the families
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
Nan
 My grandmother maiden name was (katheryn) Middleton from near by Riverstown Ireland. Married Henry Boyer and had two children Robert and Gertrude Boyer in which all of whom went to the USA in 1921
Regards
John son of Robert

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 January 06 00:27 GMT (UK) »
Looking at the 1901 Leitrim Roscommon census information and Griffiths valuation there are a couple of possible links there.
I know you said that there were more children so this might not work but naming patterns were often used for children and the two boys listed are Robert and John. There is a Robert Dunne in Griffiths and a couple of John Middletons which might fit.
Have you tried a marriage certificate from Irish BMD? From the ages of the children it looks highly likely that you could get one which would have fathers' names and residences.
When I 'googled' these names, I see you have been trying for a while so I assume you have already gone down these paths.
I wish you success in this.  As you have evidence from late 19th century and places , I am sure you would find some info somewhere!
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk