Author Topic: William Moss, Loughborough  (Read 23329 times)

Offline spannerpam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Moss, Loughborough
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 10 July 19 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hello Peter-Plehov, I am the original poster of this thread. I would be very interested as to whether your book has any information about the large double doors at the entrance to the Lloyds bank, High Street, Leicester. I have been told that my great uncle Reuben Springthorpe made them whilst working for William Moss and would love to know if this is true. It could be sometime from about 1900 to maybe the 1930s. I look forward to hearing your reply, Regards, Pam

Offline peter-plehov

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 11 July 19 07:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Pam, nice to hear from you, a bit before my time this one LOL, i will have a look through the book as soon as i get chance, if theres any info on the doors i will take a photo for you. When i join the firm in August 1970, they closed the Joinery in Queens road, Loughborough shop down not long after. Did spend a lot of hours clearing up the equipment from there. Peter.

Offline peter-plehov

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 12 July 19 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Pam, Had a look through the book, unfortunately there is no mention of Lloyds Bank at all, so i'm guessing the book could have been written from about the 40-50's i'm afraid, lots of work done in Liverpool, London and Loughborough. Best regards. Peter.

Offline spannerpam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 12 July 19 22:30 BST (UK) »
That's a shame Peter but thanks very much for looking, Pam

Offline JimmyD

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 17 December 19 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Peter Plehov,
                      i wondered if you could help me ?

I worked for Mosses in the mid eighties, as did my step father Dennis Patterson who was a good friend of John Perry. The person i'm trying to find out about though is my late father who also worked for Mosses but who i believe died after falling from the Carillon ?

He was known as ' Stan ' and i believe he was quite well known in Loughborough ? but that is all i know really, i was given a surname years later which i can't be certain is correct. He died when i was a child and i wasn't told until many years later as his death i understand was suicide.

Now as a grandfather in my late fifties i would love to be able to visit his grave finally and just put some flowers down. I think there is probably now very few people alive who knew him so i would be very grateful if you or anyone else had any information that would help me, a long shot i know, many thanks, James

Offline Paulineribbs

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 27 June 20 04:13 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I am researching Field House in Loughborough and think that Moss & Co could have been the builders. I wonder if anyone has any information that could help me?

Cheers PGK