Author Topic: Saunders/Thomas Family Rhymney (Gwent).  (Read 1389 times)

Offline astley7

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Saunders/Thomas Family Rhymney (Gwent).
« on: Friday 21 August 09 22:26 BST (UK) »
Looking for further information or family members of the Saunders/Thomas's from Upper High Street, Rhymney, Gwent. My granfather was Myddyr Saunders who had a sister called ?  who I think married Tom and a Daughter Annwen. My granfathers parents where John Saunders Born 1871 in Rhymney and his wife's name was Emily Ann born 1882, I have details on John's family but unable to locate Emily's . From my my grandfathers Birth Cert Emily's maiden name was Thomas . Any further information would be a great help. Thank you
Greenland, Carter, Saunders, Price, Andrews, Lewis, Issac, Astley, Thomas, Yeats. Badger, Drew, Francis, Matthews

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Saunders/Thomas Family Rhymney (Gwent).
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 August 09 01:08 BST (UK) »
Marriages December qtr 1910 

John Saunders  Bedwellty  11a 127   
Emily A Thomas   Bedwellty  11a 127

Where did you get Emily's birthyear from?

The 1911 index for Neath has a John Saunders b 1876 Glamorgan in the same household as an Emily Saunders b 1878 Glamorgan - no children

Births December qtr 1878 

Emily Ann Thomas   Pontypridd  11a 344
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline astley7

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 August 09 14:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information

I got the information from the grave stone, although I have found the family of John parents and siblings in 1891 sensus I can not find Emily's side of the family and my grandfathers sister, I too had the marriage of John and Emily as 1910, and my grandfathers cert states the mothers maiden name as Thomas Thats all I know as a child the story was I was belonging to the Thomas funderal directors in Bargoed, but on inquiring found the family to be from West Wales and they have passed away now along with the rest of my family to ask.

John was born in Rhymney 1871 and died 26th March 1956 Emily Ann born 1882 ? and died on 15 November 1965, Johns parents are I believe Edward born Rhymney and Ellen Ross Hereford. John,s siblings Richard, Mary Jane,Phillip and alfred all living at 1 Church Villas, Rhymney. in 1891.
Greenland, Carter, Saunders, Price, Andrews, Lewis, Issac, Astley, Thomas, Yeats. Badger, Drew, Francis, Matthews

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 August 09 14:52 BST (UK) »
Hi

I think you may need to buy a copy of the 1910 marriage cert to ensure it is the right family

The ages on death that you give do show much different birthyears than those on the 1911 census so the marriage cert will either confirm or contradict those ages as well as showing the names and occupations of their respective fathers

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)