Author Topic: HELP !!!!!! 10 month child - requistion of the factory and workshop act?  (Read 1968 times)

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: HELP !!!!!! 10 month child - requistion of the factory and workshop act?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 March 05 00:41 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Teresa...well as you can tell by the time this info was posted i wasnt tired.....or was just a little crazy!!!!no i hadnt touched a drop,but i remembered something that happened in one of my searches previously and applied it to you....in that the marriage took place after the children....and here it is

Arthur Merrin married Lucy Hudson in Nottingham in apr may june 1915 7b820 really hopes this helps your research. I'm off to bed now,night  night and speak to you again cheryle
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Teresa Palmer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 March 05 06:30 GMT (UK) »
thanks  cheryl .. but to make matters worse i think the marriage to the fella called jones could also be my lucy ... i remember my gran telling me that she had a brother that she lost contact with. the only thing i can remember her saying was something about his name being  jones. but for the life of me i cant remember the forename.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
surname's i am interested in:
Godber,
Salmon,
Hudson,
Merrin,
Mead,
Allchorne,
Penney,
Graves.

Offline Teresa Palmer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 March 05 08:04 GMT (UK) »
well i think my next step is to order the two marriage certs for lucy. also see if i can find a divorce for her from jones or his death  ::)
Godber,
Salmon,
Hudson,
Merrin,
Mead,
Allchorne,
Penney,
Graves.

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 March 05 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi teresa...i would try to save yourself the money first and just order the 1915 cert. cos i expect if she had been married before Arthur Merrin it should show in the details on there that  she was a widow,or that her name when marrying Arthur was Jones nee Hudson and then take it from there. regards cheryle
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Teresa Palmer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 March 05 16:52 GMT (UK) »
thanks fore all your help cheryl. i have ordered the 1915 cert. was going to hold back for a little while on the earlier one .. also i spoke to my mum today and found out hat one of my grand mothers sister are still alive.anyway cutting a long story short i called this great aunt and and asked her a few details. she doesnt know when her lucy (here mum ) was born but believed it is nottingham. she said that her mum was married twice one was to a fella called jones but she didnt know his name. i was right about the brother whos surname was jones his forname was george she told me that he was alittle older then my grand mother who was born in 1913 so at a guess he was born 1912 or 1911. i have also got all the rest of lucys children but she cant remember any dates only that she was the youngest. so the children not positive what order but are george poss jones or hudson at birth. sophia (my gran)
mary,beat, jean,lillian, may who died young, and hilda who was born in 1927. teresa 
Godber,
Salmon,
Hudson,
Merrin,
Mead,
Allchorne,
Penney,
Graves.