Author Topic: JACKSON / RICHARDSON  (Read 2089 times)

Offline St.Helena_Jeff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
JACKSON / RICHARDSON
« on: Monday 24 August 09 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
I have returned to the forum after many years away. Although I have not been active, my JACKSON Brickwall is still standing!
I have John JACKSON born 1741 Oughterside Married to Ann RICHARDSON Born 1745 Oughterside 16th October 1766.
Children were:John born 1768 and Thomas born 1770.
I am descended from Thomas who married Mary NICHOLSON born 1767 on 11th Aug 1793.
They had seven children, Joseph 1795, William (my ancestor) 1798,Thomas 1800, Mary 1802, John 1805, James 1808 and Jane 1812.
I would like to know if I have John and Ann correct, and if anyone has any tree linking to my JACKSON's. I would like to trace further back from John and Ann, but I also appreciate this may be difficult. Has been for the past ten years!!!

Kind regards
Jeff Jackson in Poole Dorset.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: JACKSON / RICHARDSON
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 16:36 BST (UK) »
Hi
Sorry you have not had a reply.   Can we assume that you have searched the parish registers for that area during your ten years?    Are there any clues in the baptism records for the kids.  Do they mention address or occupation?   How do you know the years of birth for John and Ann?
One slight snag here seems to be that you have posted in Westmorland whereas I understood Oughterside to be be in the parish of Aspatria in Cumberland.  Are there two of them?
Andrea