Author Topic: Link: Contact The Living in the Area of Portsmouth  (Read 4578 times)

Offline Wendi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Peeking into the past
    • View Profile
Link: Contact The Living in the Area of Portsmouth
« on: Thursday 03 March 05 11:59 GMT (UK) »
"The News" an evening paper covering Portsmouth and surrounding areas publishes a "Where are they now?" column every Thursday.

http://www.portsmouthtoday.co.uk

You'll find the link to "Where are they now" if you click on "Community".

Let me know how you get on!

Wendi
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

SCOTT ~ Monmouthshire & Glamorgan
BUCKLEY ~ Cork & Manchester
FRANKLIN ~ Clerkenwell, London
BRADY ~ Kildare & Manchester
DERICK ~ France
FRIEND ~ Kent & Portsmouth
TYLDESLEY ~ Lancashire

Offline Steve G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Maternal Great Gran ~ Polly Burge
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Contact The Living in the Area of Portsmouth
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 October 09 02:25 BST (UK) »
 :) Nice 'Heads Up', Wendi.

It seems to need a search now though. Perhaps it only appears on their Community section around the day they show it?

However ~ If I'm allowed to reproduce this here? ~ I found the full contact details:

" GET IN TOUCH:

This is a FREE service. Send us full details of who you're searching for plus of course your full details so people can get in touch.

Send it to letters[at]thenews.co.uk and write Where are they now? in the subject line. If you have no web access you can also ring 'inputters' on (023) 9266 4488 xtn 2412, Mon-Wed 10am-2pm.

And of course you can write to us at: Where Are They Now?, Editorial, The News, The News Centre, Hilsea, Portsmouth, Hants PO2 9SX. Tell us if there is any part of your address (e-mail/phone number) you do not want printed.

Please bear in mind that because of the volume of mail there may be a slight delay between your request being received and appearing in print. "

I checked out a couple of their 'pages' Brilliant! It's rather like an unstrictured forum board. They really don't seem to mind who ye looking for, or why. And they let ye leave a full, postal address. Or an e mail. Even just a phone number.

GAITES (Alverstoke / Bath Pre 1850)
CURTIS (Portsmouth & 1800's Berkshire).
BURGE (Dorset, Somerset and Hampshire)
HUNTLEY (Dorset, Hampshire, Sussex, 'Surroundings')