Author Topic: McDonald Family, Aberdeen (& London)  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
McDonald Family, Aberdeen (& London)
« on: Thursday 03 March 05 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi!  I am researching my family tree and would be grateful for a little help. My paternal Grandfather was Norman Francis McDonald, born in 1909 in Edmonton, London. His parents were Alexander Leslie McDonald and Violet Frances McDonald, née Needham.  I think I may have found Alexander Leslie McDonald on the 1901 Census. If it's him, his father was also Alexander and both of them were born in Aberdeen. Alexander jr. had 6 siblings. The 4 younger children were born in London. Alexander senior was a baker (as was my Grandfather), Alexander junior was a Brass Finisher. At the time of the 1901 Census, when Alex senior was 47 and Alex junior was 22, the family was living in Tottenham. I may also have found the marriage date for Alex jr. & Violet: June 1903 in Edmonton. I am now trying to find out more about both Alexanders and also the Needham connection. I would be very grateful for any help, however insignificant it may seem! Thanks & regards from Germany, Karen McDonald.
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd