Author Topic: O'DONNELL  (Read 2310 times)

Offline foggop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
O'DONNELL
« on: Wednesday 26 August 09 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi
   In the 1881 census Thomas's(born about 1831) place of birth was Co Mayo Ireland, on his marriage certificate (Henley in Arden 1856) to Harriet Edgington his father was Brian O'Donnell.
  I would like to know if their is any way i can find out where in Co Mayo they
come from, is their any Irish web page's you can recommend.
Can any one out there help me.
                                               foggop

Offline padster1968

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O'DONNELL
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 21:32 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry I can't help with your question, but my Grandfather was Thomas Edgar O'Donnell of Henley in Arden, so I am assuming that the Thomas you mention is my great great grandfather............my curiosity though is that his wife was Harriet Edgington and my grandmother was  Lily Emily Edgington...do you have any more clues. kind regards, Patrick O'Donnell

Offline joan

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: O'DONNELL
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 October 10 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hello, I noticed the name O'Donnell and as it is a name that I am also interested in Co. Mayo thought that I would join in.   I cannot recognise the names you mentioned but wondered if the area of Louisburgh and Westport figured in your research?  I am looking for descendants of a Michael O'Donnell born circa 1794 in Mayo and who died aged 70 in Louisburgh.  It would seem that the O'Donnells were a large clan in Westport however finding living members of the family are proving very difficult, so this is a desperate hope that your ODonnells are connected to ours. regards Joan D'Arcy