Author Topic: Hilditch family of Antrim  (Read 15029 times)

Offline kingsgate

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hilditch family of Antrim
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Hooded Claw

I did send you a private message but as you will see from the answers above you need to make a couple of more post before we can use the private messaging system. Basically I wanted to let you know that I have a lot of info about Hilditch marriages pre 1920s (though by no means all). If you could let me know a bit more about Alexander (ie the first name of his wife) I could then look for the marriage. I do have one possibility in my files - and Alexander to and Agvnes, in 1908, but I will do a bit more digging and see what I come up with.

Offline kingsgate

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 July 09 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi The_Hooded_Claw,

I have been spending some time sorting out my notes, and think I have quite a lot about your family - possibly going back several generations (at least 3), but obviously this is very tentative, and would be subject to having more info to confirm this or otherwise.

If I am correct then actually Sandy was married to Mary (not Agnes) and three of the children they had were Willliam J (who I think was your James, and there is some evidence to support this), b 1907, Rosanna, b c 1909, and Thomas b c 1910.

Work now takes me away for a week or so, but hope to find a message from you on my return.

Offline DixieDee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 July 09 18:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Kingsgate.
Don't know if this connects to your research, but you never know.
It's a HILDITCH cemetery entry on The Braid website,     www.thebraid.com

HILDITCH.
St Patrick's Church of Ireland, Ballymarlow.
In memory of JOHN HILDITCH, Ballymena, died 3rd January 1883, age 65 years.
Also his wife ELIZA, died 1st September 1885, aged 70 years.

Regards,
Dixie
Antrim.  Campbell, Carson,Dickson, Gilmore, Creaney
Down.    Dickson, Fairley, Irvine, McCune, Carlisle,    
               Wilson, Quinn

Offline kingsgate

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 01 August 09 18:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Dixie,

thank you so much for this. I have been slowly putting together a Hilditch (Antrim/ Ireland) database, tryng to make connections (which seems to be working for many branches pretty well bar my own of course). Any little fragment is most helpful, so thanks for this - it actually also ties into a will, and confirms a marriage, so is really helpful.

Best wishes, Kingsgate

Offline the_hooded_claw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 19 August 09 16:48 BST (UK) »
I did send a private reply but as I'm very new to this it may not have been forwarded. My great grandfather was Alexander who married Mary Finney. My grandfather William James was born in 1907 and I know he had brothers and sisters as follows, Thomas, Roseanna(known as Rose), Alexander, Cassie(possibly Catherine), Robert, Elizabeth and Lawrence.

Offline the_hooded_claw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 19 August 09 17:00 BST (UK) »
Just to add Rose married a Matthew Houston and they had children called John and Anne. Elizabeth married someone called Hamill (I think!)

Offline calman1981

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hilditch
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 29 August 09 20:37 BST (UK) »
Message to Kingsgate.  I was searching on line and found your messages concerning Hilditch/ Hilrich.
I have just joined the site and I am new to this.
I just want to make sure that we are on the same page and are talking about the same Hugh and Agnes Hilditch, their children were Thomas John Elizabeth Robert Hugh.
My connection is with Elizabeth(Lizzie) who married William George Wilton they had about 6 children of which one was Clara she married a William E. Popkin in Montréal Canada.
Thomas emigrated to Canada in approximately 1881.
If this seems to make sense please contact me and I can help you out and hopefully you can give me some information about the parents

Offline kingsgate

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 29 August 09 23:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Calman,

Yes this is the same family, and you are absolutely correct. I am afraid I know nothing really more about the parents, but would love to do so. I would love to chat to you further regarding this.

Offline Khaines62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 14 January 10 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have just joined this forum to try and help a man in his 70s trace his relatives.  his name is James Livingstone and he was from the Shankill Road area, his parents are George and Lucy Livingstone, and I have the names of Sandy and Elizabeth Hilditch, also a Dave and Lucy Lockhart, these are the relatives he is trying to find.

I have registered on the Belfast Forum and have had a couple of replies, but I'd like to cast the net as wide as possible.  James Livingstone (Jimmy, as we know him as his friends) is in his 70s and living in Bournemouth.

I'll have to re-read this thread as it is most interesting and there may be people he recognises from it.

Hope you can assist.

Cheers

Brigitte

Bournemouth UK