Author Topic: Mallighan, Mallicham or Mallachin from Edinburgh.  (Read 9171 times)

Offline emmadog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Mallighan, Mallicham or Mallachin from Edinburgh.
« Reply #36 on: Friday 01 April 16 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hi all, just to let you know that even after all the help I was given I am still not much further with this elusive family.  I tend to be like a dog with a bone and keep coming back to it time after time.
The most important piece of info that I have found is the baptism certificate for my grandads sister Mary Ellen Johnson.  It states Maria Helena Mallichan baptised on 20 October 1901 in Gateshead. Her date of birth was 10 September 1901 but have still not found a birth registered for her. I have been in touch with Gateshead register office  but still no luck.  Her mothers name on the baptism certificate is Margaretta Mallichan (latin names so presumably catholics.) strange I can find baptism certificate for Mary Ellen but not for Charles. No trace of Mary Ellen after my grandparents marriage when she was a witness.  Well it certainly keeps me on my toes!
There is one plus though, I have just spent a few days up in Edinburgh and not far from where they lived so had a tour round the streets. Very interesting.
Just thought I would keep in touch and many many thanks, I would not be this far without your help.
Barbara.
DURHAM - Johnson
NORTHUMBERLAND - Hunter,  Pigdon, Hansen, Waddell?, Turnbull
LANCASHIRE - Crabtree
SCOTLAND - Mallachin or Mallichan or Mallaghan
NORWAY - Hansen