Author Topic: Reid family Prestonkirk  (Read 4505 times)

Offline LesleyJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Reid family Prestonkirk
« on: Thursday 03 March 05 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone, it would be great to hear from anybody who has a connection with a Reid family from Prestonkirk,East Linton. My grandfather Thomas Reid was born 1910 East Linton, his father was  called Thomas and he was born 1883 Prestonkirk, his father was called Thomas Reid and he was born in 1860 Prestonkirk, and his father is also called Thomas Reid and he was born in1833 Prestonkirk and his father was called Thomas as well. If anybody is connected please get in touch i have lots more information all the best with your research LesleyJ.
Bouncing Emails

All census are crown copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Suckling,Aslen, Barker, Bartlett, Scriven- All Middlesex

Christie, Lee, Greig, Anderson, Brown, Will, Birnie, Beddie, Fowlie, Noble,Innes,Mowat, Stephen- All Aberdeenshire

Reid, Borthwick, Cowe, Johnston, Duncan, Aitken,Hunter, Johnston and Murray, East Lothian and Midlothian

Offline sesstella

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reid family Prestonkirk
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 April 06 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Lesley.
     I am also researching Reids in Prestonkirk only I have lots of Alexanders!  I have Alexander Reid born 1816, son of Alexander (tailor) and Janet Millar, daughter of Thomas Millar.  I have a marriage for Alexander and Janet of 13 Nov 1809.  A new rellie found an Alexander Reid on 1851 census , tailor, lilving at Brown's Place, Prestonkirk, born abt 1789  Prestonkirk with wife Janet.
    The Alexanders continue, born 1850 Prestonkirk ELN, 1876 Fife.
     Most of this is new info to me, so have a lot of research still to do.  Would love to connect with some other Reids!  Good luck with your search.
     Sally