Author Topic: George Barrow Hepworth Kirkburton  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Aboreal Addict

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Barrow Hepworth Kirkburton
« on: Monday 31 August 09 11:37 BST (UK) »
 Hi  I am stuck.     I have a Joe Barrow born  1837 to George and Jane Beaumont  who married in Kirkburton 19 Apr  1835.   Joe is stated as being born in Hepworth on 1841 census and born in Kirkburton on 1851. 

On 1841 census Jane is with Joe and living with her parents so I assume George has died.

I am looking for a possible baptism for George   I have found one on IGI  Sept. 1808 in Holmfirth but is it the right one?   Can you help me find any others? 
Thanks Wendy.
Barrow  Cumberwoth/ Hepworth W. Yorks.
Graham Huddersfield
Harper  Hunts and  Cambs
Meadows Northants
Bond Marlyebone
Brassington  Caverswall Staffs
Eaton family Colwich Staffs.
O'Brien Tipperary     And Stephenson  Melling  in Lonsdale area

Offline brassbounder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: George Barrow Hepworth Kirkburton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 September 09 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Arboreal Addict,

You might think this is irrelevant, but please bear with me.

You are probably not going to believe this, but when I got home from work this evening, I had an email from Rootschat to say that a three-year-old thread I had contributed to had been updated. (The thread just below this entitled Abrigg).

Today's post was by someone called dobfarm.

I have not logged on to Rootschat for ages, so I scanned down the list for unanswered queries, and spotted Hepworth, about which I know a little. Then I looked up George Barrow on Ancestry. And to my amazement I found an extract from Holmfirth Parish Register: George Barrow Bapt 1808 Added by wob58 on 30 Nov 2008, Originally submitted by dobfarm on 21 Nov 2008. And there is a family tree with all the people you mention.

So, I suggest you PM dobfarm and see if they are the same person and whether they can help you.

Jon

Armitage-Smith Meanwood Leeds
Whitehead-Holroyd Farnley/Wortley/Armley Leeds

Census information is Crown Copyright, transcribed by me.

Offline Aboreal Addict

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Barrow Hepworth Kirkburton
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 September 09 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Jon,
Firstly thanks for your reply.   Wob58  is actually me and I assume the tree you saw was mine.    I had assumed the baptism to be the correct one when I did that part of the tree along time ago but now I am trying to be sure,    which was why I was asking if anyone could find another.
    I have been in contact with Dobfarm a long time ago and yes it is probably a good idea to get in contact with her again.
Wendy.
Barrow  Cumberwoth/ Hepworth W. Yorks.
Graham Huddersfield
Harper  Hunts and  Cambs
Meadows Northants
Bond Marlyebone
Brassington  Caverswall Staffs
Eaton family Colwich Staffs.
O'Brien Tipperary     And Stephenson  Melling  in Lonsdale area