Author Topic: Sorrell - Little Waltham Baptisms 1634-1637 & 1643-1752  (Read 3018 times)

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
Sorrell - Little Waltham Baptisms 1634-1637 & 1643-1752
« on: Monday 31 August 09 21:43 BST (UK) »
Kath

Can you please list Sorrell (and similar) baptisms for  Little Waltham 1634-1637 & 1643-1752.

Thanks very much in anticipation.

JULIAN
ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble

Offline sorrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Sorrell - Little Waltham Baptisms 1634-1637 & 1643-1752
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 September 09 18:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Julian
I found a lot of information on my Sorrell's on a website by a John Terry.  I cannot give you a link as I'm not that good with the technical stuff.  But I googled Sorrell and came up with his site which is headed 'Drackcombe' He has I think done every name in his family tree and it saved me looking too far back.  My Sorrell is George born about 1844 and his whole family are on there and I was able to give John some info he didn't have.  Let me know if there is a connection.

Jan
Marstons-London & Croydon
Barnes-Croydon
Sorrell- London
Glover
Adams - Southwold,Suffolk
Hocking

Offline Clincher2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 September 09 18:30 BST (UK) »
Images of the registers for Little Waltham for the years you require are available online for free on the Essex Record Office website (just google SEAX for the home page and follow the links from there).
Judging by image 3 the text is pretty legible and there is at least one Sorrell there straightaway

Offline astonvillan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 September 09 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan, I have googled the Sorrell name and didnt get anywhere :( I have recently started the Sorrell tree as I have only recently found my birth mother. I am back to 1769 and would appreciate any help you can provide as i live a long way away in Exmouth, Devon
Yours
AstonVillan (Nick)

Offline sorrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 September 09 07:45 BST (UK) »
My George Sorrell is my husbands Great Grandfather, he was born about 1844 and died in 1910.  He was married to Grace Willis and they had 3 children, Sydney George, Amy and Hamilton(husbands Grandfather)Georges parents were James Sorrell and Ann...They had about 8 children.  I got this from the family web sit i mentioned beforefrom a chart called Sorrell chart 0500.  This has been very helpful.  Hence I have not gone back any futher yet, Sydney and Amy both died before 1910 but Hamilton married and had children and Grandchildren details of which I will pass on if you think they are your Sorrells.  Hamiltons wife left him and 'marriied' someone else and had another child details I also have.  If you have any ohter details you want me to look at just let me know.
Exmore's not so far away, I live in the South Hams, near Kingsbridge
Have a good day
Jan
Barnes-Croydon
Sorrell- London
Glover
Hocking

Offline astonvillan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 September 09 22:09 BST (UK) »
i would love your info and am quite willing to share mine. I am happy to drop down to see you or you are welcome to pop up here. My info is on my laptop as well as my home pc so i can transport it easily, along with the role of wallpaper!!!! I have a couple of James, one from 1769 so there could well be a link. I also have a few Georges. Looking forward to hearing from you
Nick Eveson in Exmouth

Offline sorrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 September 09 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Nick

I will get all my stuff together and let you know what I have.  It will take a few days as I'm not the most organised person. 

Will be in touch soon

Jan
Barnes-Croydon
Sorrell- London
Glover
Hocking

Offline astonvillan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 14 September 09 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hows this for a good idea!!!
Send me your email address and i can paste the info to it. Mine is

Offline sorrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 14 September 09 22:44 BST (UK) »
Nick

That would be great, although I use a computer all my family history stuff is on paper consists of two files his family and my family and lots of bits in between, paper bits that is.
Look forward to hearing from you

Jan
Barnes-Croydon
Sorrell- London
Glover
Hocking