Author Topic: Adams of Newbridge Co CAVAN  (Read 5310 times)

Offline frankle

• RootsChat Senior
  • ADAMS CREST
    • View Profile
Adams of Newbridge Co CAVAN
« on: Thursday 03 September 09 08:30 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help. I am trying to trace Septimus Edwin St. Clare Adams, John Maxwell Barry Adams. Sons of John Adams Esq of Newbridge Co. Cavan. They also had another brother called Sextus.
Anything would be of help

Thank

Sandra :D
Holmes, Adams, Makinson, Wright, Jackson, Rylance, Ball, Fullagar,

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adams of Newbridge Co CAVAN
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 September 09 09:16 BST (UK) »
If you could give us some dates we might be able to post some information or suggest where you can search.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline frankle

• RootsChat Senior
  • ADAMS CREST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 September 09 10:09 BST (UK) »
I know that Sextus was born Sextus Phillip Montmorenzies Adams in about 1825 he was the son of John Adams.
So I assume that his brothers where around that time also.
thanks
sandra
Holmes, Adams, Makinson, Wright, Jackson, Rylance, Ball, Fullagar,

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 September 09 10:15 BST (UK) »
Civil registration of births, deaths and Catholic marriages in Ireland started 1864 (other marriages from 1845)- for earlier dates you would need to search for church records (if they exist).
The LDS site lists Sextus Phillip Montmoreinze Adams born 1850 (christened Liverpool, England) with a father of the same name so the Co. Cavan connection is likely quite early for church records.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Adams262

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 January 12 05:19 GMT (UK) »
I am familiar with an 18th century John Adams of County Cavan.  More likely than not, he is related to the 19th century John Adams of Newbridge.  If interested, information is posted at:  http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Adams-1510

These two are of course, not the same person.  But I too am interested in John Adams of Newbridge as well as the other Adams families of County Cavan.  Please keep me posted on new discoveries and I will do likewise.

A. Adams, USA 

Offline Oskardoodle

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 April 13 00:14 BST (UK) »
Septimus and one of his brothers moved to Australia, where Septimus married and had a couple of children in the mine fields of Victoria. He abandoned his wife, who then married a wealthy Danish immigrant.  Septimus and one of his sons emigrated to the US (California) again in the mining boom. His son can be tracked through US census for some time, but Septimus disappears after a little while...I haven't done any more research than this as he's not really related to me, just an interesting character who was loosely linked by marriage! Feel free to email me via the site if you'd like to see what info I have on him in my ancestry tree
Cheers,
Barb