Author Topic: Parentage of William Mc/MacLeod or Ann/e Edward/s Stotfield late 1790 +  (Read 2972 times)

Offline McKL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parentage of William Mc/MacLeod or Ann/e Edward/s Stotfield late 1790 +
« on: Thursday 03 September 09 21:14 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me trace the parentage of William McLeod or possible MacLeod or  Anne Edward ( Ann Edwards) .
I can only find one marriage with the above names in the correct time period and date so hoping that this is them.  They were married on 14/11/1815 in Stotfield.  Their daughter Janet was born on 26th Oct 1816.

I have a print out from lossiefowk.co.uk which has the McLeod family line and I think Ann may have been William's second wife.  His first being Isabella Stewart but I have no idea what happened to her or if indeed, this is the correct William and Ann.  I really want to firm up the connections from the lossiefowk print out as it would mean my Grandfather 6 times removed was in boat 1 of the stotfield disaster in 1806.

Please help me as I don't want to just guess I am right
Thanks

Offline KirstyG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parentage of William Mc/MacLeod or Ann/e Edward/s Stotfield late 1790 +
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 September 09 20:05 BST (UK) »
There are a couple of references which may be to this couple (or another of the same name).

The Aberdeen and North East Scotland Family History Society Memorial Inscriptions Index have them under Stone 194 at Kinnedar.

http://www.abdnet.co.uk/mi-index/

Libindx also has an entry for what seems to be the same couple (same headstone ref):

http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp
NM118007

His death notice was in the newspaper.

Hope this helps

Kirsty
Galloway,   Landers,   Lindsay,  Gillespie,  Irvine
Erskine,   McAdam,  Hawthorn
Robertson,   Duncan,   Edmonstone,    Black
Anderson,  Nicholson,  Crombie,  MacDonald
Arch, Herbert, Charlesworth, Chapman