Author Topic: Help looking for Family Descendants of Lifeboatman James McBay Johnshaven  (Read 70385 times)

Offline bluesy60

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help looking for Family Descendants of Lifeboatman James McBay Johnshaven
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 26 November 11 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kenny,
Don't think I can send you a PM yet -- you need to post a couple more times before that feature opens for you.
The article about the lifeboat disaster in Leopard magazine was written by a friend of mine, Eileen Townsend.  The photograph of the crew on the title page of the article list two men by the name of Thomas Blues.  They would be your great grandfather and grandfather.  I remember an old man called Tammie Blues who lived in the cottage near the end of the harbour dock.  I also remember a Dod Blues (in non-Johnner speak that would be George of course).  In my middle teens I actually bought a BSA Bantam motor bike off George.
As I said, Eileen is a friend, would you like me ask her for the source of the photograph she used in the article she wrote?

Cheers,
Sy

Hi Sy, that would be great.My grandad lived on Fore St his sister was Matt McBay(nee Blues) and was married to Ed Mcbay senior the butcher. I spent many happy holidays in Johnner in the cottages in Fore St Matt had two that were joined together

Offline Johnner Kid

• RootsChat Senior
  • Picture Post 1942
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 27 November 11 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kenny,
What a coincidence !  Young Ed McBay was one of my best pals at shool and later in our teens and into our early twenties.  Eileen's brother Allan, Ed and I had great fun in summer in the slough in from of his home.  I called Ed's mum Auntie Matt but she wasn't of course but then I found tracing back that through my mother's side - the Freeman family we were related.   I will email Eileen about the lifeboat crew photo source.
In the meantime can you send me a email address, through the PM option NOT HERE that is not allowed, and I'll send some more on the lifeboat disaster article if you haven't already got it.

Best Wishes,
Sy
Adam : Criggie : Davidson : Freeman : Jeamie : Lownie : Mackie : Pittendreigh : Ritchie
in Kinneff, Bervie, Benholm & St. Cyrus Parishes

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 04 December 11 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
To all who read this post, I thought you might like to see some photos of the dedication service in Sept. 2009 at the headquarters of the RNLI in Poole Dorset, for all lifeboat people who lost their lives saving others.
I hope you like them.
Mike
Kincardine/Northumberland/Co.Durham/London/Middlesex,Surrey,Tipperary Ireland.Scotland.England.
McBay/McBey,Ritchie,Blues/Blews/Blewes, Davidson,Campbell,Clark,Craig,Criggie,Douglas,Duncan,Dutch,Wyllie,Howard,Farrelly,Finch,Fogarty,Forbes,Freeman, Gibb,Geddes,Gove,Hampton,Jolly, Mackie,Masson,
McKenzie,Mearns,Milne,Mowatt,Mulvany,Nicol,O'Connor,Paton,Pert,Rae,Reid,Robertson,Ross,Scott,Sheret,Simpson,Slater,Smith,Souter, Stephen(s),Stevenson,Stewart,Sutherland,Taylor,Thomson,Webster,Wilson

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 04 December 11 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again,
More photos
Mike
Kincardine/Northumberland/Co.Durham/London/Middlesex,Surrey,Tipperary Ireland.Scotland.England.
McBay/McBey,Ritchie,Blues/Blews/Blewes, Davidson,Campbell,Clark,Craig,Criggie,Douglas,Duncan,Dutch,Wyllie,Howard,Farrelly,Finch,Fogarty,Forbes,Freeman, Gibb,Geddes,Gove,Hampton,Jolly, Mackie,Masson,
McKenzie,Mearns,Milne,Mowatt,Mulvany,Nicol,O'Connor,Paton,Pert,Rae,Reid,Robertson,Ross,Scott,Sheret,Simpson,Slater,Smith,Souter, Stephen(s),Stevenson,Stewart,Sutherland,Taylor,Thomson,Webster,Wilson

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 04 December 11 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again,
More Photos
Mike

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 04 December 11 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi again.
More Photos. Slight mess-up, thats all.
Mike

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 02 September 13 12:44 BST (UK) »
Due to the loss of my wife Jean on the 18 Feb 2013, I have not been very active with my research on the
MCBAY/BEY ancestors and I am no sure if I replied to all messages that I may have received over the past 2 years.
I hope to renew my research in due course.
Regards
foggyman

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 08:45 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear about your sad loss , Foggyman  :(
Good luck in continuing your research.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Johnner Kid

• RootsChat Senior
  • Picture Post 1942
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 15:26 BST (UK) »
Hello again Mike, please accept my sincere sympathy on your loss.  Sy

I recently visited Johnshaven old graveyard and too kook his photo of the memoria to James McBAY.  This graveyard has a number of memorials to McBay family members and others who lost their lives at sea.
Adam : Criggie : Davidson : Freeman : Jeamie : Lownie : Mackie : Pittendreigh : Ritchie
in Kinneff, Bervie, Benholm & St. Cyrus Parishes