Author Topic: dally/godsall ledbury COMPLETED  (Read 2784 times)

Offline bramcor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
dally/godsall ledbury COMPLETED
« on: Sunday 06 September 09 04:48 BST (UK) »
Have found a family tree on IGI but info relevant to my tree is submitted, rather than extracted, so I am wondering if the connection is credible. Sadly, the Forest of Dean transcriptions don't include births/baptisms in 1834 as yet so I am wondering if anyone can verify 2 records.
Is Frances Godsall the daughter of Richard & Hannah Godsall, apparently baptised 27 Dec 1834?
Did she give birth to Emma Godsall, b 25 July 1859 in Bye St, ledbury?
Richard & Hannah are living in Bye St in 1841 with daughter Fanny & again in 1861, with daughters Fanny 23 & Emma 3. Emma is more likely to be the daughter of one of Hannah's children. Fanny is likely to be Frances.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Dave Jones

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: dally/godsall ledbury
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 September 09 09:23 BST (UK) »
If you go on Forest of Dean Family History Site you can see full details of the Ledbury parish records including the Godsall events you refer to.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bramcor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: dally/godsall ledbury - completed
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 September 09 15:08 BST (UK) »
Many thanks, Dave. I thought I had checked what was available from the Forest of Dean records but I've now looked again & found the births of Frances Godsall & Emma Godsall. My notes indicate that 1834 baptism records for Ledbury were not yet transcribed but they certainly are now - & it looks as if I have found an interesting family connection (even if it is by marriage!!). Now how do I indicate that this particular query is completed? Best go check the info on the opening pages as I think I saw something somewhere. Thanks again.