Author Topic: Elizabeth Callahan - born 1871  (Read 3356 times)

Offline lucytuck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Callahan - born 1871
« on: Tuesday 08 September 09 22:17 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find information on my great great grandmother, Elizabeth Callahan.  I only know that she was born in County Leitrim in 1871 and her father was James Callahan and her mother was Catherine Leahy.  She moved to America and married John Tucker at St. Patrick's in Newark New Jersey and have my grandfather, George Tucker in Brooklyn, New York on September 27, 1900. 
Tucker, Callahan, Stewart, Monahan, Moore, Williams, Casey, McDermott, Leahy, Killty, Matthews, Barraclough, Love, Dunlop, Leigh, Walker, Evans, Hirst, Roper, Schofield,

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Callahan - born 1871
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 22:21 BST (UK) »
Are you trying to trace her in America or trace the rest of her family in Ireland?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline lucytuck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Callahan - born 1871
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 22:29 BST (UK) »
Both.  I am trying to find out her family in Ireland (when was she born, where did they live, siblings, parents, grandparents, when did she come to America? ).  Did all of her family come to America, or just her?

She married John Tucker who was 22 when they married in Newark, New Jersey.  But his father, Andrew Tucker, and his mother, Ann Casey, also came from Ireland, but I don't know where. 

They married and had my grandfather, George Tucker on 9/27/1900 (and he died on 7/13/1961 in Brooklyn.  George married my grandmother, Mae McDermott, who was born on 12/7/1903 and died on 11/24/1980 in Brooklyn, New York. 

Moderator's Comment: some recent names and dates removed. Please see posting guidelines in Help Pages.
Tucker, Callahan, Stewart, Monahan, Moore, Williams, Casey, McDermott, Leahy, Killty, Matthews, Barraclough, Love, Dunlop, Leigh, Walker, Evans, Hirst, Roper, Schofield,