Author Topic: Charles Brimfield - Leominster - 1808 COMPLETED  (Read 5374 times)

Offline tilly56

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Charles Brimfield - Leominster - 1808 COMPLETED
« on: Wednesday 09 September 09 11:06 BST (UK) »
Help please - I am trying to find the parents of Charles Brimfield, christened 03 AUG 1808   Leominster, Hereford (IGI). His parents are given as Samuel Brimfield and Margaret.

A brother, George, was born in 1805, also in Leominster (also from IGI).

Other births given on IGI to a Samuel Brimfield and Margaret are of another George born 1796, Catherine 1811 and Ann 1794 all in London. The only marriage I can find (onIGI) is in 1792 in St Marylebone, London of a Samuel Brimfield to a Margaret Hanmar.  However, as I cannot find a death for a George before 1805, I think these cannot be the same Samuel and Margaret.........  Also other family trees I have seen on Ancestry seem to say just that!

...... which is why I am looking for a marriage in Leominster!... (I have found a Samuel Brimfield born 1771, also in Leominster)

I am getting in quite a muddle with these Brimfields, so would be VERY grateful for any help!

Many thanks

Tilly

Lancaster- L. Buzzard  Johnson - Northampts
Lancaster, Perryer-Fulham
Clifford - London, ssx, S Africa, Berks, Wilts  
Divall-Ssx  Randall-Ssx, Surrey 
Rossi-Sienna Notts Leics London   
Brimfield    Seton 
Rix - Norfolk   Burke - Co Clare

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline brimfield

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Brimfield - Leominster - 1808 COMPLETED
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 January 11 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tilly: How are you getting on with this ? If you are a descendant of Samuel and Margaret, then we are related. They are my GGG Grandparents. It will be difficult to find a lot of public records, I expect. Some are accessible and some are not. They worked & had children in Oxford after leaving Leominster. The  London/Oxford birth records of their children are pre-1837 and not available publicly. I was lucky enough to have diaries and stories that lead me to other documents, etc to confirm ties, etc.  How public is this forum ? I should send you my email address. Happy New Year ! Cheers, Neil.

Offline tilly56

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 January 11 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neil

Thank you for your message - a coincidence, but I have just started looking at the Brimfields again! They are giving me a  lot of trouble >:(  They seem to be missing from censuses, BMD records...... I sent off yesterday for a birth certificate for my Gt Gt Grandfather's sister hoping that it will tell me her mother's maiden name.....

So this is where I fit in in the Brimfield line :

My Gt Grandmother was born Elizabeth Serena Brimfield, daughter of Compton Brimfield (1847 - 1881). Compton was the son of Charles (b 1808 Leominster, died 1890 London) who married Elizabeth something. Up to there I am sure of my facts..... I THINK that Charles was the son of Samuel and Margaret Hanmar, but as you can see from my first message on this thread, I am not really sure of this.... and I don't seem to be able to get any further in finding out if he is or isn't!!

If you can give me any help in sorting this out, I would be VERY grateful.

I think that you can send me a Personal Message when you have had three posts on the site.

Happy New Year to you too ;D
Tilly
Brimfield    Seton 

Offline brimfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 January 11 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi:  I have been away for a few days over Xmas/New Year and was up early this morning on the computer just browsing around and found your message. I haven't done any research for quite a while myself. Good to meet you. I'll see what records I have on Charles etc and get back to you.  I'm in touch with a number of interested Brimfields. I won't be posting too much info directly onto this site as I am not yet familiar with it.  If we can correspond more directly after several emails then that would be more appropriate....or is this exchange just counted as one thread perhaps ? Cheers, Neil.

Offline tilly56

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 January 11 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neil

I think that you will find that Rootschat is one of the most helpful genealogy sites around!  I have had LOTS of help from all over the world...... people going out of their way to take photos, look at records etc!  I couldn't do without it!!

I think that it is after three posts that you can exchange PMs - so if you reply to me, I shall try and send you a PM - then we will see if I'm right!

The problem with going back to the Brimfields after all this time is that I can't even understand myself what I was trying to find out in my original post..... I shall have to go back to my Brimfield records and sort it out - from what I remember, the other trees on Ancestry did not have my Charles as a son of Samuel.... but I must check that.

Tilly
Brimfield    Seton 

Offline brimfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 January 11 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi:  My notes show a Charles born 1808 & marrying Elizabeth at some point - will have to check a Will for further connections.  You  may see a Charles born 1864 - he is a grandson of Sam & Margaret. Will be in touch later. Cheers, Neil.

Offline tilly56

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 03 January 11 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Have sent you a PM - let me know if you get it!

tilly
Brimfield    Seton 

Offline brimfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 04:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi: Thanks - I have sent a few responses.  You are researching an interesting period in time - where records are hard to find (or destroyed by war or privately held) and relationships can be difficult to prove. I would be interested in knowing of another Samuel and Margaret. Most of the Brimfields I have trouble identifying prior to 1800 are named John !  Do you have the Marriage or Death Cert for Charles at all ? Cheers, Neil.

Offline Debbrim

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi, just saw your messages and wondered if i could be of any help at all, samuel and margaret Brimfield, Charles parents were my 4x great grandparents, i will help if i can.

Debs