Author Topic: Dalton / Nally - Kilbeggan Westmeath 1800's  (Read 3731 times)

Offline atoz184

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dalton / Nally - Kilbeggan Westmeath 1800's
« on: Wednesday 09 September 09 14:03 BST (UK) »
Family tree research - I am looking for any information on the Dalton's related to me. My GGGM Alice Dalton (alias Alicia & Ellen )born abt 1828 in Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath was tried at Westmeath Ireland for Sheep Stealing (3 sheep) 30 Dec 1851 and received 7 years. She was transported to Tasmania (Van Diemens Land)on the Midlothian 24 Feb 1853. Her sister Catherine Nally (nee Dalton) born abt 1818 was tried and transported for the same offence.

Catherine was married to a Bryan? Nally and had 4 children but they did not appear to go to Tasmania. Alice married a fellow convict an englishman James King in Tasmania in 1854 and had numerous children and died in 1900.

Alice had other siblings by the name of Jane, Richard, Winifred, Mary, Thomas. These names were taken from the convict transport register on the Midlothian and should be accurate. Thomas had possibly moved to America by 1853.

I am trying to find out Alice's parents names, dates of birth, or any other information relating to them or her siblings or any information related to the Nally family and Catherine's children. Should anyone be looking for information my side I have a wealth of data to share Jeff

Offline minnie1703

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Dalton / Nally - Kilbeggan Westmeath 1800's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 April 10 18:54 BST (UK) »
hi im looking for more information on the nally family from westmeath also. james nally was born in
1858 and married an ann dolan, we might be connected but unsure

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Dalton / Nally - Kilbeggan Westmeath 1800's
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 April 10 20:41 BST (UK) »
Don't know if there is a connection, but this headstone is in Kilbeggan cemetery.
In Loving memory of
The Parents and Brothers of
Bernard Dalton Monasette
Bernard Dalton 2/8/1981 (74)
Michael Dalton 19/11/1875 (71)
his sis; Annie Daly 20/11/1979 (81)
Jack