Author Topic: Catholic Church Parish Records Waterford Library  (Read 44563 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic Church Parish Records Waterford Library
« Reply #54 on: Friday 04 August 23 19:33 BST (UK) »

Offline Noller

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 04 August 23 20:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the prompt reply and the look-up address. I guessed as much really, concerning that particular register. Thanks again.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 04 August 23 22:30 BST (UK) »
All known copies of records
https://www.johngrenham.com/records/rc_church.php?churchid=1119&parish=St.%20Patrick%27s%20and%20St.%20Olaf%27s,%20Waterford%20city

It would appear the years you want don’t exist.

Actually, you will see that that list indicates that the records do exist - bottom entry.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 04 August 23 22:34 BST (UK) »
Ref.  St. Patrick's Parish (RC)Waterford Marriage Registers;  The National Library of Ireland seem not to have a Marriage Register for St. Patrick's Church 1800 to 1827. Anyone know if said register actually exists anymore seeing as NLI haven't got it up online?

The RootsIreland site indicates that they have the records you want.

Now there are two possibilities.
1) The records exist - NLI simply did not film them. I personally know this has happened in several cases. Or
2). The records actually don't exist, and RootsIreland has neglected to indicate a gap in their coverage. I know that has also happened in other cases!

I have no idea which is the case here.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Noller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 05 August 23 08:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that......to be continued......!

Offline sarahcoral1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 10 March 24 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I am the great granddaughter of Mary (Mollie) Quinn. I can tell you quite a bit, just wondered what your connection is to the family? I’m currently extensively researching my family and have found lots of stuff!

Let me know!

Sarah