Author Topic: haydock  (Read 5567 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: haydock
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 18 July 23 09:23 BST (UK) »
The names of 7  children, Born to William J. & Martha (married 1846 )not known yet?
but her first born boy would be Thomas born 1847 Haydock. Who's family change religion.
From  Quaker to Presbyterian ? and name change from Haddock to Haydock????Please let me
hear your thoughts , Was he the first of 7??? And who were the 6 others
Haddock and Haydock are just different forms of the same surname so they didn’t ‘change’ their name. Into the 1900s as literacy improved and spelling started becoming more standardised, people tended to adopt one version of their name.
So it seems you haven’t actually bothered to look for the other 6 children of William James & Martha. The 7 children found so far (there might have been others) were Thomas, Jane, Susan, Samuel, Richard, Elizabeth & Martha.

Thomas  Haydock born1847 married Margaret they had 3 children,  Samuel .Margaret .Henry.
Thomas And Margaret married in a C. of I. Church and their  3 children became C. of I.
Why do you say Thomas and Margaret had three children? 1911 census (which has posted before) says they had eleven children but only 7 living. 7 children: Martha Ann, William James, John, Samuel, Elizabeth, Henry Major, Margaret.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Shankill/Danube_Street/151202/

But if William James & Marther Bexter had a child in 1849 called Thomas ?
 They would be Thomas & Maggie of house 36 Vistula street Belfast, a family of 7children.
Martha .William James . John . Samuel .Lizzie . Henery .Maggie ...Not my family branch.
The family in the 1901 census living at Vistula St. is your family. The number 36 is the household number for that particular census.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Shankhill/Vistula_Street/950622/
The 1901 directory gives an R. Simpson, tailor, at 36 Vistula St. Thomas Haddock, labourer, is listed at 42 Vistula St.
https://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/tuvcomplete1901.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline George E. H. Haydock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 19 July 23 06:42 BST (UK) »

Hi everyone.
  (A) Thomas Haydock born 1849 birth place Co. Antrim in 1911 was age 62 a G. labor.
living  at 36 Vistula St. Belfast. Parents to 7 children.( known )

(B) Thomas Haydock Born 1847 birth place Co. Tyrone in 1911 was age 64 a builder/house repairs
living at 33 Danube St. Belfast, parents to 3 children ( known ).
My family belongs to Haydock's  from  Danube St. Belfast...I believe Thomas born1847 Presbyterian /
then Married  as Church of Ireland. the Son of Isaac & Jane Quaker/Presbyterian. Son of John/Mary. 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 19 July 23 07:52 BST (UK) »
Thomas Haydock in 1911 lived at 63 Danube St.-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Shankill/Danube_Street/151202/ (33 is the number of the household for that particular census NOT the address)
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001445784/ (street address shown as 63 Danube St.)

This is the same family as the Thomas Haydock living at Vistula St. in 1901 (not 1911)-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Shankhill/Vistula_Street/950622/

Thomas is NOT the son of Isaac, etc. In numerous posts I have explained this, given sources, etc. and yet you still keep posting inaccurate information. Thomas' marriage gives his father as William James, William James clearly existed and everything I found so far shows a clear link between Thomas and his parents William James & Martha.
What you do not know is that in doing countless searches I have found far more details than I have posted here. I can see there is no point in posting more (and I notice others have already stopped posting on this thread) since you do not want to hear anything that doesn't agree with your mistaken theories.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 19 July 23 13:15 BST (UK) »
HI Aghadowey I'm so sorry  and i apologize to you, it was the dates that had me so confused.
 After i wrote everything you had put to me ,on a list i have realise Thomas born change the dates
From 1847 t0 1849. your advice to me makes sense. So William James & Matha Bexterwas Thomas Haydock who married Margaret Major from Co. Down.and William James father was Joseph Haddock.
and was Joseph the son of John& Mary Hinshaw ?
Can i ask Forgiveness as i need your help and will except your advice...                                                                                             

Cheers George E.H.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 21 July 23 05:20 BST (UK) »
 Sorry in post # 39 it should have read,William James & Matha Bexter,was Thomas Haydock's
 parents, Who married. Margaret Major...If you can  find it in your hart.To forgive Me..I will have an
open mind to your advice. I am sorry to every one,  and wish for all your input... any information.
I will appretiace.
George E.H.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 09 August 23 03:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, George here,
     I need your help to move forward, from William James Haddock/Haydock and Matha Baxter. -
    (Bexter ) married Tyrone 1846, William James. father, was Joseph Haddock/Haydock, who was his
     mother.
     Names of family heads, going back to Haydock's from Lancaster (Quaker/C of E / RC.) all the way
     back to Orm and John De Haydock. (1100 AD? ) Other names used Haddock - Heddoch -Haidoc
     Hedoc +...All the research, anyone may add to feedback, or comments provided in response.
      Any information you my add. I thank you...
     Cheers George...

Offline KILDRESS

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 29 August 23 23:50 BST (UK) »
Hope you don't mind me joining in.      Joseph Haydock, a farmer from Glasmullagh near Cookstown had a son William James who was born about 1823 and died at Dunadry, Co antrim on 2 Feb 1887.
At Kildress CoI   in 1846 he married Martha Bagster.     I'll pause there.   Names were spelt the way they sounded to the person writing it.    Hence Baxter and Bagster and Haydock and Haddock were interchangeable.   Martha's father was Richard, a farmer.      They  had children and the one of interest to me is Susan Haydock (Susanna Haddock)   born  1854 and died 1918.    She had married Sam Galbraith and moved into the Shankill  via Co Antrim near Templepatrick.     I know Susan had a sister called Elizabeth who married a gamekeeper called Johnson from Derryaghy  and emigrated to USA.       

Susan and Sam were my G G grandparents. They lost a son in France in 1917 and Susan didn't last long after that. Sam had died in 1903.    My interest is in getting back as far as I can.    I would like to know more about Joseph Haydock and where they came from.  I am presuming England.

Thanks for listening.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 16 September 23 08:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Kildress  so good of you to give me advice, on Joseph Haydock a famer believe he married.
Cathrine (Thompson ) ?Joseph was the son of John Haydock ( Haddock ) and Mary Hinshaw Stangmore ?
. I believe that Haydock Family Came from Lancaster and were a mix of RC. C.of E. And Quaker..
my missing link is they go back to Orm De Haydock1168 Hedoc 1169 Heddoch 1170 Haidoc.
 and going to Cottam hall in the parish of Preston ...
So im still filling in the blanks, so many thanks for your great help.
Cheers George

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 16 September 23 13:07 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat, Kildress  :)

Joseph Haydock, a farmer from Glasmullagh near Cookstown had a son William James who was born about 1823 and died at Dunadry, Co antrim on 2 Feb 1887.

Some links-

His death aged 58 yrs at Ballybentragh, Nilteen Grange. His daughter Martha Haydock the informant.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1887/06227/4781862.pdf

Ballybentragh townland
https://www.townlands.ie/antrim/antrim-upper/grange-of-nilteen/donegore/ballybentragh/

https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4492683#map=12/54.7149/-6.1232

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo