Author Topic: Moore of Drumachose  (Read 33496 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Moore of Drumachose
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 18 January 15 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Pre-1858 Wills do not survive. Read the pages PRONI has put together on this, and many ofther subjects, to understand what is and is not available.
http://www.proni.gov.uk/index/research_and_records_held/catalogues_guides_indexes_and_leaflets/information_leaflets.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 18 January 15 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   Below are the bare details of some Moore deaths as recorded in the Londonderry Sentinel. I have selected those from the Myroe district which includes the townlands of Crindle, Carrowreagh and Carrowreagh. I have also included one from Limavady because of the names.

26 Dec 1842 James Moore, Myroe aged 27
22 Feb 1853 Ezekiel Moore, Carrowreagh aged 69
13 May 1853 Solomon Moore, Limavady aged 77 "last survivor of the family of Mr Thomas Moore, Woollen Draper of Limavady"
11 Feb 1861 James Moore, Carrowreagh aged 39
28 Nov 1866 Christen (sic) Moore, Carrowclare aged 88
1 Jun 1867 Nehemiah Moore, Carrowreagh aged 88
10 Jul 1867 Sarah Jane Moore, Crindle aged 19 "second daughter of Mr William Moore, Crindle, Myroe"
7 Aug 1869 Solomon Moore, Carrowclare aged 87.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 07:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello folks,
I have been following the recent conversation with interest but sadly not able to add anything constructive. If anyone finds a clue to Mary S. Moore born 1809 Londonderry. She married into the Shannon family of Derrybeg/Limavady by being William [k. or Cochrane] Shannon second wife at Londonderry in 1839.
There is a possibility that William Alexander Moore is related to the above Mary. He was born circa 1831 [in Ireland?] and his father is said to be Andrew Moore. William married Susannah Campbell in 1859 in Trura South Australia.
Susannah is possible the Sister in law of John Moody of Gortmore Hall/House Londonderry.

Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline princess41

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Married 30 March 1859 at the residence of John Moody at Truro.  Married by Rev A Phillips.  William Moore a farmer.  Information from Trove.

Glenys

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   Some years ago, 2008 I think, there was a very long topic on the Moodys of Gortmore, Magilligan which mentioned Truro in Australia.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 10:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   Some years ago, 2008 I think, there was a very long topic on the Moodys of Gortmore, Magilligan which mentioned Truro in Australia.

Regards

This one?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=386556.0
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,
yes.
I have seen this post and gleaned as much from it as i have been able for my interests in the Shannon, Moody, Hopkins families. The Moore angle intrigues me as we know bugger all. Thus my interest in this resurrected conversation.
The possible Moody connection is thru the Campbell girls-
John Moody b.1816.d.1885.m.1851 Margamenaphan Presbyterian church. Mary Campbell b.1825 Yorkshire - to America 1843? then to Australia 1851.
Similar dates to William Alexander Moore.bc.1831 Ireland.m.1859 Truro,  Susannah Campbell.b.?.d.1874 Truro SA.
Cheers
Jack Gee
Longwood
Vic
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline cyclamen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 22 January 15 11:38 GMT (UK) »
I am unable to add anything re the Moore discussion but would like to make a correction to the last post. John Moody did indeed marry Mary Campbell but the marriage took place in MAGILLIGAN Presbyterian Church on 8th July 1851. The marriage was reported in the Londonderry Sentinel. Mary was the daughter of William Campbell of Benone. According to my information he was a Scot who had migrated to Magilligan. Mary was born 10th June 1826 in Yorkshire.
Moody, Patton, Hemphill, Haslett, Hopkins, Simpson, Fleming,Walker. Co Londonderry
Simpson, Moody Co Armagh
Walker Co Tyrone, Co Donegal and Dublin

Offline cyclamen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 22 January 15 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Jack this might be of interest to you.

Mr Andrew Moore of Magilligan married Miss Anne Jane Hopkins, daughter of Mr Abraham Hopkins of Myroe. They were married 2nd Feb 1846 in Myroe Pres Church. Abraham Hopkins held a lease in Carrymuddle in 1823. 
Moody, Patton, Hemphill, Haslett, Hopkins, Simpson, Fleming,Walker. Co Londonderry
Simpson, Moody Co Armagh
Walker Co Tyrone, Co Donegal and Dublin