Author Topic: Hogan / McInerney from Borrisoleigh  (Read 10274 times)

Offline kangajaro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hogan / McInerney from Borrisoleigh
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 January 12 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi There,

Do you know the names of your relatives who may be connected to Eganstown? If you can tell me the names, I may be able to give you some clues.

To date I have only come across the following information from the Eganstown area related to those names and Templederry.

Michael O'Brien married Mary Kennedy in Coventry England in 1852. They were from Borrisoleigh and likely to be working in England at the time. Mary was from Templederry. She may have been born in 1827 and John in 1830. A daughter may have been born at Daisy Hill, a gold mining small town near Ballarat in 1854. The couple may have come to Australia on the David McIver ship in 1853 into Sydney.

A John Harrington from Lley(Borrisoleight) married Mary Doyle from Tipperary 25/1/1863 at Creswick, near Eganstown. Johns parents were Phillip Harrington and Catherine Ryan. John may have been a miner. Mary's parents were Thomas Doyle and Bridget Shea.

Edmond Harrington married Honorah Ryan on the 9/11/1867 in Creswick.

Cheers

Rosemary

Offline ronnocog

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 February 13 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My great-great grandfather may have been the brother of Ellen Connors. His name was Michael (recorded as O'Connor) and is likely to have come to Australia (Victoria) in the 1850s. His marriage certificate (to Annie Shannon in 1859) shows his parents as Patrick O'Connor (butcher) and Johannah Brown.

If you happened to have found further info about the actual location of Patrick and Johannah in Tipperary I would be very interested.

cheers

Offline sneeHelen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 February 24 06:55 GMT (UK) »
Just wanted to say that I am a descendant of Patrick Hogan and Johanna Ryan who lived and had 3 children in Eganstown before moving to Yabba Yabba (Dookie). I am interested to find out more about their parents Rody Hogan and Mary Kennedy and the circumstances that led to them living with their Uncle Matthew. 

Looks like John Hogan immigrated in 1857 and Patrick was married and had a baby Rode before coming out in 1866.  Johanna and Rode arrived in 1867.

It would be great if the original poster still wants to be contacted.