Author Topic: Casey and Hart marriage  (Read 1991 times)

Offline diavalos

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Casey and Hart marriage
« on: Saturday 12 September 09 22:51 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the whereabouts of  John Hart born Ashton in Makerfield. He was in England in 1871 In Jan 1876 John married Mary Anne Casey who was born Douglas Isle of man. Mary Anne's parents were Martin and Jessie Casey Unbrella makers  Duke Street Douglas.They were married in the Isle of man and The couple left the island soon after their marriage and did not return.
 John's family were hinge makers in Lancashire although John had been a miner. iam trying to find a link with John Hart  and the Isle of man. Why he was there? was it for work etc. Or did he have family there that as yet i dont know about.
Does anyone have any ideas.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Casey and Hart marriage
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 September 09 23:52 BST (UK) »
When was John born - you have given his birthplace but not his birthyear

The 1871 has 5 John Harts b A-in-M

Where were his parents born - any IOM connection there?

People travelled to a number of areas for work in those days  so there may not be an actual Hart family connection in the IOM

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline diavalos

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Casey and Hart marriage
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 September 09 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thankyou for replying.
John Hart was born 1853 son of Henry and Frances Hart. I can trace the Hart family back to the early 1700s and have tried to go sideways and find an IOM connection in one of the relatives but have so far been unsuccesful.
 They are a complicated family more so when John married into the Caseys who are even more complicated, and i am trying to put their lives in some sort of order and discover where they were and what they were doing at certain times
 I have noticed that there were Hart families in the IOM at the time and maybe have a look at those too, and possibly a marriage cert would give me more information.
Onwards and upwards
Regards
Joyce