Author Topic: 1871 census Merthyr area  (Read 1915 times)

Offline margaret davies

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 census Merthyr area
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 22:59 BST (UK) »
 ;)  HI! Chris, How are you??
  Yes I have him there with his parents Morris and Esther,and some off his siblings, but after that 1861 he has gone from the Llanboidy area, he got married 1870 reg in Merthyr so thought he might be around that area somewhere,  Thanks for looking,  Marg,,

Offline Bethan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Marge, have you got Rees and family on the 1861?

Best Wishes Bethan
Denton,Barfoot,Emery in Bedford.Howells of Pembroke,Davies of Rhymney,Jones of Carmarthen.

Offline margaret davies

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 23:11 BST (UK) »
  Hi! Bethan, Yes I have him but not with his family he is working on a farm in the Llanboidy area as a "Shepherd of sheep"  Thanks Marg,,

Offline Bethan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 23:23 BST (UK) »
Sorry to be a nuisance  Marge but when was Rees Born?, because the Rees John that I found born around 1850 has a father called Steven John and the parents birthplaces along with some of the children fit the bill.

Let me know in the morning if you need the details, as the old eyes are getting tired now.

Very Best Wishes Bethan
Denton,Barfoot,Emery in Bedford.Howells of Pembroke,Davies of Rhymney,Jones of Carmarthen.

Offline margaret davies

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 17 September 09 11:29 BST (UK) »
 :)  Morning Bethan,,  I think that we are getting off the subject here, I am not looking for Rees John my G/Grandfather as I have that information from 1851/1901, I am looking for his brother Stephen       who was born in Llanboidy 1843ish, I have him on the 1851 census there with his family after that date I couldn`t find him then, in 1880census for America,( familysearch) I find him living there(in America) with his wife Naomi nee GREY, who he married in 1870  and is reg in Merthyr, so if he is not on the 1871 census for that area he could have gone to America at that date,, now I want to find him on the 1861 census to fill in that 10yr gap from 51/61,he must be around that area somewhere I should imagine,,  Thanks again  Marg,,

Offline Bethan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 17 September 09 15:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Marg, sorry about that I do tend to go off on a tangent!
I have checked the 1861 for Wales three times and he is definately not on it, have you considered the possibility that he was in England at that time, or Swansea being a seaport there is a chance he was at sea, unfortunately I do not have the 1871 so I cannot help on that one.

Best Wishes Bethan

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 17 September 09 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret

There is a Stephen John aged 35 Living in Illnios USA on the 1870 US Census he is a ??? Mine b Wales..There is also a William John Age 25 no Occupation b Wales

Not too sure if this Could be Him ..the Census does not state if he is Married or Single

Regards

Iria
Harold Liverpool and Warwickshire
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool
Lister/Lester Liverpool and Cambridgeshire
Norris Liverpool and Ireland

Census Information is Crown Copyright From:
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline margaret davies

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 September 09 22:45 BST (UK) »
 :)  Hi! Bethan, Thank you so much for your help it is so much appreciated, perhaps I`ll keep looking for him around this area fingers crossed he will pop up sometime,, Marg,,

Offline margaret davies

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 17 September 09 22:50 BST (UK) »
 :D  Hello Iria, Thank you for that information but I don`t think that is him, Stephen John was born in 1843,and got married in 1870 so I don`t think dates tie in, but thanks anyway,,Marg