Author Topic: Joseph Wardropper Marriage  (Read 5112 times)

Offline twardroper

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Wardropper Marriage
« on: Sunday 13 September 09 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to find the marriage record for Joseph who married Jane Collis. Their son Robert was born abt 1843 Tonbridge, Kent.

I think Joseph is the son of George Barras Wardropper and Charlotte Richley who were married Sunderland 3rd July 1816. He was born 1817 Sunderland and was an engine driver.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tony
My ggg grand father's names are Wardroper Reah Hillyard Thompson Sillick Druery Duxfield Heads Blacklock Richley Coulsen Riddle Scott Brown Dent - mostly from N.E.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Wardropper Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 September 09 15:05 BST (UK) »
I don't know if this will help or hinder but.......

1851shows
William Patterson 31 Engine driver S Shields Durham
Jane Patterson Wife 28 Derby
Robert Wardropper son 8 scholar Tonbridge kent
HO107 2023 595 32

and there is a marriage FreeBMD
Mar qtr 1846
Bristol
on same page
William Paine Patterson
Mary jane Wardropper
11 193

so was jane really Mary jane???

also if Jane (Robert's mother) remarried before 1851 there ahould be a death for joseph - I can't find one????

How are you certain of Robert's parentage???

Do you have his birth cert????

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline twardroper

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 September 09 15:27 BST (UK) »
Hi and thanks

I have the birth certificate for Robert 2 Nov 1842 - Joseph Wardropper engine driver, mother Jane Wardropper nee Collism both from Tonbridge.

The 1851 record is her remarried.

Tony
My ggg grand father's names are Wardroper Reah Hillyard Thompson Sillick Druery Duxfield Heads Blacklock Richley Coulsen Riddle Scott Brown Dent - mostly from N.E.

Offline c.hughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 October 09 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tony

I've never managed to find a marriage certificate for Joseph and Mary Jane ( Jane) or a death cert for Joseph.

I do though know a lot about Mary Jane and her son Robert William Wardroper ( he seems to have changed the spelling of his name some time between 1851 and his marriage in 1864)

I think Mary Jane's surname was Collins her father was Williams Collins a Taylor and she seemed to call herself either Jane or Mary Jane. I think the 1851 census says she comes from Derby. I don't think the family has any links with Tunbridge - the railway station opened in May 1842 and Robert was born Nov 1842. William Patterson (step father) was also a train driver and moved around lots - he came from South Shields not far from where Joseph came from and they were only a few year apart in age. I've often wondered if they Knew each other ?

if you want anymore info on William Patterson , Robert Wardroper or post 1842 info on Mary Jane let me know. I have photo's of Robert in later life.

Please let me know if you do get any more info on Mary Jane pre 1842  or a marriage or death of Joseph.

Claire

Offline twardroper

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 October 09 22:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Claire

This research has been on behalf of someone I met whilst researching my Wardroper line.

Is it OK if I put you in contact with Caroline Wardroper, a descendant of said Robert? I only contact her through Genes R? Have you an e:mail address I could give her?

Tony

Offline Adamand

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 October 09 18:09 GMT (UK) »

Hello Tony. I think the name Wardropper is an unusual name and one that I had not heard of before.
Here's  two baptisms that may be of interest. You can always keep them on file in case they fit in somewhere.

Ann Elizabeth Wardropper daughter of Paul and his wife, baptised 18/October/1845 aged 2 years.

Maria Wardropper baptised 19/October/1845 aged 37 years.

These two baptisms were converts and it would seem that Paul Wardropper would have been the husband of Maria as well as the father of the above Ann Elizabeth.

The baptisms were at St Cuthberts, Durham City.

Adam

Offline c.hughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 October 09 19:31 GMT (UK) »
that would be great my email is c.wardroper@btopenworld.com

If you ever do find a marriage or death for Joseph I would be grateful if you could let me know. I'm 80 % sure Joseph is my great great great grandfather, if he is I can trace the line back many generation before him to Chester Le Street

Thanks Claire

Offline twardroper

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 October 09 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Claire

I have sent Caroline Wardroper your e:mail address via Genes Reunited.. It may take her a while to contact you.

Tony

Offline davebell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 16 July 10 15:27 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to find the marriage record for Joseph who married Jane Collis. Their son Robert was born abt 1843 Tonbridge, Kent.

I think Joseph is the son of George Barras Wardropper and Charlotte Richley who were married Sunderland 3rd July 1816. He was born 1817 Sunderland and was an engine driver.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tony
Hi Tony I to think I'm the GGG Grandson of Joseph Father of Robert W Wardropper who was the Father of George Henry Wardroper. and my mothers Maiden Name is Wardroper. I have found the record of the banns for a Joseph Wardroper and Jane Collis The dates are 28th May. 4th June. 11th June. 1843. in St George The Martyr. Southwark. i was wondering if this is same people.
Best wishes Dave