Author Topic: thomas cadwell  (Read 18505 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: thomas cadwell
« Reply #45 on: Monday 13 June 16 21:21 BST (UK) »
There is a Paddy Chadwell listed as Members of the Intelligence Staff on page 36
On page 33 going by the numbers typed on the page.
http://www.bureauofmilitaryhistory.ie/reels/bmh/BMH.WS0423.pdf#page=36

On second look he may be this man Caldwell
http://www.bureauofmilitaryhistory.ie/reels/bmh/BMH.WS0638.pdf#page=34

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 13 June 16 22:01 BST (UK) »

Offline hasta

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 01:16 BST (UK) »
From Irish Independent December 16, 1914.

Clontarf Volunteers.
The Clontarf Company of the National Volunteers has elected the following Officers —President, P. A. Meehan, T.C.: Treasurer, P. L Parrell Secretary, A.K. Nolan, Captain, J. Hourihan. Lieutenants Ignatius Evan and J. Meehan and Hon. instructor, George Cadwell.

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 01:28 BST (UK) »
Think i seen it somewere that george cadwell served in the boer war also..

Offline Rowan1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 09:46 BST (UK) »
Hello and thankyou to you all for your help, your response's are fascinating  :)

Will1890, I think that makes my G-Grandfather, Thomas Cadwell, your Thomas Cadwell's uncle. Is this correct???

It's Patrick Caldwell who lives at Fairview, does any one know who his parent's were? My Patrick would be in his fifties at that time.....

Hasta -I had not seen this Baptism and thanks for confirming one of the brothers.....It would be very unusual to have not name a son after his Dad!
Simon was born in Drumcondra, that's all I know about him, his mother is listed as Elizabeth though. It is likely to be his death record that you reference.....I have seen a Death Notice - Evening Herald, 28/2/1936 of a Simon Cadwell, 22 Jane Place, buried in Kinsealy. I am yet to find his connection.....
I collected these details from the IFHF site by searching for Cadwells in Dublin Nrth.

There is a marriage of Simon Caddell at Baldoyle in 1842.
I have these, as references only, to Children born to Simon Caddle in Baldoyle,
Julia 1844, Patrick 1845, Mary 1848,Thomas 1851, Juliana 1854,Martha 1855, Margaret 1857.
There is also a Martha 1860 and Johanna 1863 but their father's name was not listed.
I hope this is of help to you. I do not have any more info about any of these Cadwells....
Daitha - thanks for directing me to Thomasina's paper's, I had not seen them before.
Sinnan- This record lists Patrick Cadwell, is it accepted that Patrick Caldwell is the same man???

Good luck to you all

I

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi. My grandmother was thomasina cadwell. Her father was thomas cadwell.. my grandmother was born in clontarf in 1916. She moved to east wall with her family and married my grandfather william in 1936. Thomas cadwell was liven at waterfall avenue on either 1901 or 1911 census. ..also the cadwells in the car crash were liven at waterfall Avenue to.my grandmother said years ago members of her family had to hide from the british at clontarf baths and her uncle was a dispatch rider for collins

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 10:31 BST (UK) »
Ive seen a photo of all the cadwells taking in clontarf about 1930.

Offline Rowan1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 10:52 BST (UK) »
We are both 3rd generation down from our G-Grandparent's Michael (your's) and Thomas, who were brothers...Their Parent's were Peter Caddle and Ellen Cullen, check out my first post. Can you confirm this? If so you are the first member of my Cadwell branch that I have connected with so thank you for your contact  ;D. Is there any way you can share the photo you mention?

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi. Yea im on to my cousin she has the picture.. ive also a photo of thomas cadwell from.his mass card. Yea im directly related to the cadwell as my mums mum was thomasina cadwell and her father thomas. ..