Author Topic: thomas cadwell  (Read 18543 times)

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: thomas cadwell
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 11:20 BST (UK) »
Cadwells

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 18:46 BST (UK) »

Sinnan- This record lists Patrick Cadwell, is it accepted that Patrick Caldwell is the same man???

Think it's a red herring, reading through the statements and looking at the dates I think Cadwell is a typo and should read Caldwell so not one of yours.

Offline Rowan1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 21:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Will1890, the photo is fabulous! Please thank your (our) cousin too. Its brilliant to see so many from this branch of my family, I really appreciate it and you have made my day  ;D

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 21:37 BST (UK) »
No worries.

Offline Rowan1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday 04 July 16 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Will1890 and other Researchers,

I now have a copy of George Cadwell's Army Service Record and indeed he did serve in the Boer War (and the East Indies).
He joined the Royal Dublin Fusiliers in 1893 (service num.4847). His next of kin are named as his BROTHER's - Peter, Thomas, Edward and Francis.
It also states that Peter is in the Royal Dub. Fus. - Peter joined in 1891 and also served in the Boer war. (service num.4041),his name is Peter Cadeell on his army record. His next of kin are listed as FATHER - Peter Cadeel at Santry, and BROTHERS - Patrick, Michael, SIMON, Thomas, George, Edward. I think it is 'safe' to conclude that Ellen, wife of Snr. Peter, has passed away as she is not mentioned (Peter Snr. is not mentioned on George's record so passed between 91-93?)The NLI Parish records for BALDOYLE lists Ellen Cullen as Simon's Mother, it is not Elizabeth as mentioned in a previous post. Simon is on the 1911 census at Bella St. Mountjoy. Peter at Poplar Row, Mountjoy (1911 census).
HASTA -  I am wondering who are the Parents of the Simon Cadwell that you mention, who passed away aged 1. He could be the Son of any of these Brother's????
I searched the Parish record's on the NLI site for BALDOYLE,(as this is where my Peter Caddle married Ellen Cullen in 1862. His parent's names are Patrick and Julia and they lived at Balgriffin)
I have discovered some more details about the Simon Caddle family that you/I referred to in this Parish.

MARRIAGE - 21.10.1842, Simon Caddell to Martha Hall. Wit: Peter Giblin and Eliza Shelton.

BAPTISM'S -
16.04.1844 - Julia Caddell. Parent's - Simon Caddell and Martha Hall, Spons: William Duffy and Bridget Campell.

22.08.1845 - Patrick. Parent's - Simeon and Martha Caddell. Wit: William Duffy and Mary Caddell.

27.07.1847(?) Thomas Cadell. Parent's Simon Cadell and Martha Hall. Spons: Joseph and Mary Campbell.

28.05.1848 - Mary. Parent's - Simon Ca???lls and Martha Hall. Spons: Michael(?) Lynch and Bridget
Cunningham.

27.08.1854 - Joannes Caddle at BALGRIFFIN. Parent's - Simon Caddle and Martha Hall. Spons: Thomas Lynch and Maria Adams.

17.06.1857 - Marguerite Caddle, Kinsealy. Parent's - Simeon Caddle and Martha Hall.
Spons: Patricius Hearny(?) and Maria Caddle.

29.05.1860 - Martha Cadwell, Kinsealy. Parent's - Simon Cadwell and Martha Hall. Spons: William Burke and Elizabeth Quinn.

07.09.1863 - Joannes Cadwell, Kinsealy. Parent's - Simon Cadwell and Martha Hall. Spons: George Hoye and Joannes Cadwell.

I have not discovered any other record for my Patrick, Father of Peter Cadwell, although on the 1901 Census there is a Patrick Cadwell, age 60, at 4, Balgriffin, Coolock. His wife is Catherine (not Julia), he may have married more than once. Does anybody know?

I hope this help's folk's
Good luck

Offline Rowan1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Monday 04 July 16 19:48 BST (UK) »
The Patrick on the Census at Balgriffin, Coolock is likely to be Simon and Martha's son born 1845.

Offline hasta

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 11 July 16 01:53 BST (UK) »

HASTA -  I am wondering who are the Parents of the Simon Cadwell that you mention, who passed away aged 1. He could be the Son of any of these Brother's????
No he was the one baptised 6th November 1868 as the son of Ellen Cullen and Simon Caddle died 1969 as per the death reference I gave earlier, so he is not a child of one of the brothers.

I was just pointing that out as you had
"Simon Caddle b. 6/11/1868, lives at Yellow Ln. Drumcondra,"
I saw a record for a Simon Caddle at Yellow Lane but he was born much earlier.
I did have a look for records of Peters parents Patrick and Julia but didn't turn up much, I'm afraid.

If I was you I'd go back to your original list of the brothers, get their birth certs (or baptism - what ever gives you specific addresses which are so important) and then track each one individually in a linear pattern.

Offline Rowan1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Hasta,
I do enjoy puzzles...thanks for searching for Patrick and Julia, to date I still have not found any  record of them although the heat 'has turned up'.
Do you know who notified the death of Simon?
I have several of the Baptism record's of the brothers including Simon Caddil b. 1868, Yellow Lane, Drumcondra and he was Baptised in the Parish of Clontarf. (record accessed via Swords Historical Society - Irish Family History Foundation)
He is still at Yellow Lane, Drumcondra in 1884 as the defendant, charged with 'willfully cutting back a tree and tresspass'. (Find my past)
Do you know which record you refer to re: an earlier record for Simon at Yellow Lane?
A previous post mentions all the info I have so far on addresses for my Cadwell's and onward (backwards???) I search.
Good luck

Offline Rowan1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,
does anybody know if the Parish Record's for CLONTARF are freely available on-line? The NLI does not have them..I know the IFHF has some, can be costly though. I have not maintained my subscription to them and as a result cannot see previously bought record's. I have do have copies of some of them.
all help appreciated,....