Author Topic: Sarsfield completed with Thanks  (Read 5631 times)

Offline tdp3360

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarsfield completed with Thanks
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Cath,I'm sorry about taking so long too reply I'm a bit stuck to how this system work's,anyhow i hope you get this message and thanks for all the info you've sent i'm the grandson of Mary ann Tyldsley-1909,there seem's to be some strange thing's happening with this family did you know that Sarah Sarsfield got married to a John Thomas hill in 1890,here's a transcript fromthe lancashire parish record's;     St Thomas's Church,ashton in Makerfield Marriage: 29 Nov 1890 St Thomas, Ashton in Makerfield, Lancashire, England John Thomas Hill - 18 Miner Bachelor of Flora Street Sarah Sarsfield - 18 Spinster of Golborne Bride's Father: Charles Sarsfield, Miner Witness: John Hayes; Ellen Haye, I know that John Thomas Hill and Sarah are living in Golborne in the 1891 cencus but where does philip Duffy appear from,Thomas

Offline goodyorkmusic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 21:38 BST (UK) »
Hello
   This is very complicated but here it goes (im related to most of the people above I think)

Mary Ann Birchall/Brooks B Warrington 1892 warrington. Her parents didnt marry!
1)married Richard Whittaker who appears to have died 1870?
2)married Charles sarsfield 31/05/1871 (he was born 1842 tuam galway)

Sarah Sarsfield?/Whittaker/Hill/Duffy/Tyldsley (and I havent ruled out that she might have used brook or whittaker. There is no proof she ever married duffy or tyldsley) born 1872 manchester. It assumed Charles sarsfield is her father but we have no actual proof. Sarah called herself "sarah sarsfield formerly whittaker" on a 1893 bcert of charles duffy (her son).

0.5)sarah is baptised in 1888 in golborne. Was this as she was born out of wedlock? was she charles child????
1)married John Thomas Hill 29/11/1890 Golborne. Father is charles sarsfield, miner
2)1891 census.... anyone seen it yet, im a but short of funds till pay day
3)1893 Charles Duffy born golborne, philip duffy is father
4)1895 Philip Duffy born golborne, philip duffy is father
5)Henry Duffy born golborne, philip Duffy is father (3 of his daughters are alive but in their 80/90s)
6)Philip Duffy leaves, family rumour but he gets the blame
7)Duffy children put in home, philip goes on to have children and marry in worksop (see 1911 census).
8)Sarah alice tyldsley/sarsfield born 1907 Parr.
9)Mary ann duffy/tyldsley born 1909 Parr
10)Levi Tyldsley born parr 1911
8)Sarah Sarsfield/Duffy in 1911 census and now has the surname tydsley

9)Sarah dies 1940s?? My great aunt remembers coming to yorkshire in 1920s

There is also online records of "duffy" children dying young in Golborne 1890-1910

I need to download the 1891 census but she had at least 3 duffy children and 3 tyldsley children. Did she have hill children??

Offline goodyorkmusic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 21:39 BST (UK) »
oh and the 1911 shows the full family in golborne and sarahs nephew/cousin? Thomas Sarsfield

Offline CU

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 22:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you I have this information. I will send you the details for 1891 census.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kelbobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 25 June 22 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys, lovely to have found this post :) I've recently started my family tree and came across Luke Sarsfield father to Thomas Sarsfield these are my 2nd & 3rd Great Grantfathers, dose anyone know who Luke's & Charles parents are? I have a Henry for the father but haven't found Much els, Would be great to trace family back to Ireland.
Thanks Kelly x

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 25 June 22 09:43 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat, Kelbobs  :)

Some associated information-

Daniel Sarsefield born 2 May 1868 Galway, son of Luke Sarsefield and Ellen Cullinane.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1868/03437/2261858.pdf
Looks like he's born at Ballintubber (sic) townland.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kelbobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 29 July 22 08:33 BST (UK) »
Hi is it possible to ask CU were they found the info on Charles leaving ireland with he’s nephews? Thomas one of the nephews is my great great Grandfather & would love to trace them further, I have Luke Sarsfield  as Thomas father but can't find much El's? Tia x

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline goodyorkmusic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 02 January 23 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi
  I have Thomas as a lodger in Golborne with my 1901 great grandfather and great great grandmother. (Sarah). She is very likely the daughter of Charles Sarsfield born 1842 Tuam, presumably the brother of Luke Sarsfield. His daughter Sarah was baptised in 1888 Golborne in which Charles is the stated father and she is stated to be born December 1872. I cannot find any other birth entry for sarah using different surnames and there is some confusion if she was born Salford/Manchester Warrington.

I presume the late baptism was because Charles didn't marry Sarahs mum until 1875 and he didn't want her to be 'illegitimate'. Also he likely had Charles junior in 1874.

If she was born 1872 then we can surmise Charles was in England in early 1872. Charles doesn't add any extra information other than 'Tuam' and he is not alived for the 1921 census. On his 1875 marriage (transcript) he does say that Henry Sarsfield is a labourer.

There are a few vague court records/sessions but difficult to connect them to anyone in the tree.