Author Topic: Anyone else researching Twaddles?  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Danboyhistory

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else researching Twaddles?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 22:03 BST (UK) »
My Grandfather was James Russell Twaddle born 1899 in Hamilton Scotland. He served in the Navy during WW1 as a communications engineer. After the war he moved to Timmins Ontario Canada then to Stoney Creek Ontario Canada where he raised his family.
Dan

Offline Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 22:14 BST (UK) »
I must have missed this thread 1st time around (Holiday in the Bar-L maybe?). Anyway, Forfarian, I remember the Twaddles from Wishaw, Kirkhill to be exact, they had a dairy and a pal of mine used to go out on a milk round for them when he was at school. I think it was Wullie Twaddle in those days, Twaddle was spoken with a long A, making it Twaadle as in paddle.
There may be some of them in the Cambusnethan burial records, if you want the info?
Paterson, Torrance, Gilchrist - Hamilton Lanarkshire. 
McCallum - Oban, McKechnie - Ross of Mull Argyll.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Binnie - Muiravonside Stirlingshire.
Curran, McCafferty, Stevenson, McCue - Co Donegal
Gibbons, Weldon - Co Mayo.
Devlin - Co Tyrone.
Leonard - County Donegal & Glasgow.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 September 23 22:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Lodger, but I think some of the Twaddles in whom I have an interest are probably buried in England.

Alexander Carlaw Twaddle, born Stane, Cambusnethan 19 June 1881, died North Walsham, Norfolk 28 April 1964. He was a blacksmith.

His wife Elizabeth Livingston, born Coatbridge 10 July 1881, died in Glasgow Western Infirmary 18 January 1958. She was my first cousin twice removed, and my link to the Twaddle family.

Their son Henry Alexander Twaddle, born Stane 26 December 1919, died in Winchester 14 March 2003.

Their daughter Agnes Bryson Twaddle or Radford, born Stane 14 August 1915, died 27 May 2009 in Hove, Sussex.

Her husband Maurice Frederick Radford, born 30 July 1906 in St Ives, Huntingdonshire, died 18 July 1994 in Ipswich. He eventually became a clergyman after serving in the RAF.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.