Author Topic: British army in Ireland  (Read 5006 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: British army in Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 13:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks, it looks like the right person . Are you using familysearch to get Walter's marriage details? I get a blank when I try. I usually use Ancestry but get no matches for either birth or marriage details either.The army notification is headed Donore, S.C Road, Dublin. The minister is J.M.Hamilton the license is by Rev T.H.Chapman (Chaplain) the record was entered into the 2nd  Gordon Highlanders records. It looks like Jane's birth, as her father was William and mother was Grace although this is unconfirmed. Do you have the description so that I can get her birth certificate.

Walter

The  marriage index details are from the familysearch Irish Civil index - see link posted by aghadowey earlier. Select a marriage search, enter just the surname, year and Dublin,Ireland .. he's the first record.

I dont believe ancestry have any Irish BMD records

I believe the birth details for Jane given are from the IGI (www.familysearch.org) - I'll see if there is a matching index record on the Civil Index.

The place of marriage looks good... same minister as you already knew.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 13:48 BST (UK) »
found a probable match on the Civil index for Jane's birth based on the result aghadowey located :

Name: Jane Catherine McEwan
 Registration district: Naas
 quarter and year: Jan - Mar 1879
 volume: 2 / page: 910

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline WalterR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 23:11 BST (UK) »
I believe the Donore Presbyterian Church is now the Dublin Mosque
W J D Pryce Born Welshpool 1865, educated St Andrews Scotland, served in 92nd Gordon Highlanders (1887-1901). Was equipment officer in Royal flying Corps. (1912), Married at Donor Dublin 1897

Offline WalterR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 September 09 04:32 BST (UK) »
I am still having problems with Familysearch I have attached a copy of what I receive, can you offer any help?
W J D Pryce Born Welshpool 1865, educated St Andrews Scotland, served in 92nd Gordon Highlanders (1887-1901). Was equipment officer in Royal flying Corps. (1912), Married at Donor Dublin 1897

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 September 09 08:12 BST (UK) »
Go back to the search page and enter the surname 'Pryce' and nothing else then click on 'search' button. When the search results appear click on 'Place' (upper left side of page) and select Dublin. After this you can experiment with different options such as date, event, etc.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 24 September 09 08:23 BST (UK) »
I am still having problems with Familysearch I have attached a copy of what I receive, can you offer any help?

that's very strange .. with that exact search I get 41 results.

Shane
My Surname Interests