Author Topic: Look up of Burial ***** completed *****  (Read 3515 times)

Offline eac61

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Look up of Burial ***** completed *****
« on: Monday 21 September 09 11:28 BST (UK) »
I am hoping that somebody maybe able to help me.   I am trying to ascertain where my Great Grandfather Frederick Townsend was buried.  He died in April 1920 at Upper House, Lyonshall - this was where he worked.  The 1911 census records showed that he lived at Bredward, Kington with his wife  Mary Ann and family. Frederick and Mary Ann married at Kington Parish Church which I believe to be St Marys - but I think he maybe buried at Kington Cemetery.  I am hoping that somebody can find this information for me as we would really like to know where he is buried and if the grave has a headstone.  His wife died after him but unfortunately I cannot find any record of this.   I have tried ringing Bereavement services with no success and I think the only other way I could find out is to visit Hereford county council to search the records but I dont live in the area. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Powell - Ton Pentre
Phillips - Llwynypia
Howell - Llannon/Llwynypia/Cardiff/Pennsylvania,USA
Ungoeds - Llannon,Carmarthenshire/Australia

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look up of Burial
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 February 10 10:50 GMT (UK) »
You could contact Kington Museum.

www.kingtonmuseum.co.uk

The St.Marys Church has a daily record book on display inside the church that shows all events that occurred on that day, very nice idea. Well worth a visit if your around that way. Kington cemetary is some distance outside the town.
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline eac61

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Look up of Burial
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 February 10 13:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info - I have since posting this thread found the info, but forgot to complete the thread.  Frederick and his wife - Mary Ann Lloyd (who died in 1943) are both buried at Kington Cemetery, in separate single plots.

Thanks again, I have visited the Kington Museum - it is fascinating !
Powell - Ton Pentre
Phillips - Llwynypia
Howell - Llannon/Llwynypia/Cardiff/Pennsylvania,USA
Ungoeds - Llannon,Carmarthenshire/Australia