Author Topic: HOWARD Henry Hartley from Chatham  (Read 1102 times)

Offline gem75038

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HOWARD Henry Hartley from Chatham
« on: Wednesday 23 September 09 00:38 BST (UK) »
Has anybody run across this person in their research?

He was christened in Chatham 18 Jan 1805 and his parents are listed as Thomas Howard and Elizabeth Ann.

I have 3 other people who I think are his siblings but I don't know.  All of these 3 were christened in Rochester and all of them have Thomas Howard and Elizabeth listed as parents:

Robert Garner Howard 28 May 1809
Thomas Howard 31 May 1807
William Howard 4 Aug 1811

Do you think these could all be in the same family?

Thanks,
Gale

Offline browtra

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HOWARD Henry Hartley from Chatham
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 February 23 05:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi,  Henry Hartley Howard is the brother of Robert Garner Howard whose parents are Thomas Howard and Elizabeth Ann Garner.  I am a descendant.  I can provide family tree to present day from Thomas Howard and Elizabeth Ann Garner.

Kind regards,

Tracy

Offline browtra

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 February 23 05:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gale, The children of Thomas Howard 1777-1844 and Elizabeth Ann Garner 1779-1870 were as follows:Robert Garner Howard 1809-1886, Elizabeth (Eliza) Howard 1801-1891, George Howard 1822-unknown, Sarah Ann Howard 1818-unknown, Henry Hartly Howard 1805-unknown, Thomas Howard 1807-unknown, Anne Quilter Howard 1815-unknown and William Howard 1811-unknown.  I am a descendant of Robert Garner Howard and can provide his descendants to the present day.  I believe Elizabeth Ann Garner's parents were Robert Garner and Sarah Cooper.  Sarah Cooper was born in 1767 in Chatham.  I am trying to find out who Thomas Howard's parents may have been.

Kind regards,

Tracy

Offline gem75038

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 May 23 00:25 BST (UK) »
Gosh Tracy, I am also a direct descendant of Robert Garner Howard through his daughter Ellen Hepsibah Howard.  Let's talk some more.  BTW Thomas Howard's parents were I believe Thomas Howard and Elizabeth Lock.
Gale

Offline browtra

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 May 23 00:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Gale, how wonderful to meet you cousin.  Love to keep in touch and find more about Ellen Hepsibah Howard.

We have just finished doing the family tree from Thomas Howard and Elizabeth Lock to present day descendants.  I also have photos. My middle name is Ellen from my grandmother Ellen Grace Howard.  Kind regards, Tracy PS What country do you live in?