Author Topic: LOWER WALMER, KENT  (Read 14295 times)

Offline Aussieterry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LOWER WALMER, KENT
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 10:00 BST (UK) »
Glad to help. Louisa Finch was baptised at St Marys Parish Church, Walmer on 8 July 1804. She was the daughter of Henry & Sarah Finch.

Terry Allen

Offline Aussieterry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 23:55 BST (UK) »
I recently posted a picture of the site of the Good Woman/Dolphin 'Pub on this site. The picture was a Google photo and cannot be used on the Kent 'Pub site. Could anyone help and reproduce something close to this picture and send it to Pub-info@Dover-Kent.com It will help others looking for information on this interesting old 'pub in Lower Walmer. Thank you.

Terry Allen

Offline John David Norris

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 07 September 13 19:49 BST (UK) »
HI. I HAVE JUST DISCOVERED ROOTSCHAT. I HAVE QUITE A LOT OF INFO ON THE FAMILY 'NORRIS' AND BOATMEN FROM WALMER IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING THIS FOR MANY YEARS BUT AM A BIT NEW TO COMPUTING SO YOU WILL NEED TO BE PATIENT WITH ME

Offline Aussieterry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 07 September 13 23:17 BST (UK) »
Hello John

Glad to hear from someone that knows something about Walmer's fishermen. My great great grandfather was Edward Claringbold born in 1810. When my great grandmother, Elizabeth Ann, was born in 1839 they lived at 4 Rope Walk which was next door to the Dolphin 'pub. As I'm sure you are aware most people who lived in Walmer were mariners and fishermen. If I can help you with information about the Norris family please let me know at aussieterry@gmail.com

Terry Allen

Offline stuartsalvage

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 14 September 23 10:57 BST (UK) »
Terry,

I am interested in your progress/info re: The Good Woman Pub. I lived in 101 Gladstone Road a house built on the site in 1971 and by coincidence my GGGG Granfather James Colemen was landlord of the good woman  in 1861. Prior to this he lived in Taps Hole Walmer which was behind the ropewalk.. His son My GGG Granfather Edward Colemen was a mariner and his picture is in the Deal Maritime Museum. He was one of the last Deal Luggers

Regards

Justin           

Email address removed by moderator.  Once a member has posted three times here on the boards at Rootschat their personal message system will be automatically activated whereby they may exchange email addresses off the boards.

Hi Justin,
James Coleman is also my GGGG Grandfather, I'm currently working on my line from Edward "Cribbs" Coleman.

Kind reagrds
Stuart