Author Topic: farr family  (Read 25037 times)

Offline Bona

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: farr family
« Reply #27 on: Monday 26 March 12 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Tillie.

Your Alfred is definitely our Alfred. You have a family connection with Katmon too, if you read her post carefully regarding the Goulton link.Harry Grattan married Frances Caroline Myrtle Goulton in 1922.Her sister Hazel Mary Goulton was your grandmother?
Katmon has established that Alfred was born in Bethnal Green and there is a probability that the family moved to Kent at some stage.
At this stage it is hard to say why Alfred would say he was from Scotland.It may have been an error on the part of registrar or sometimes our ancestors just made up things for some reason that was important to them at the time '
Frances Isabella Connell Lockley's parents were Elizabeth Connell and William Lockley married in 1852. Elizabeth's father was Basil Connell and William father was John Lockley. Thanks to Katmon for this info!!
Christina,Christini, Decristina, Lucchi,Sims, Christie,Crago,Sinclair, Hathaway,Dods,Grattan,Farr,Lockley,Hassen,Mullan,Gemmell,

Offline Tillie-NZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 27 March 12 02:11 BST (UK) »
Found this on someones family tree page:

William LOCKLEY + Elizabeth CONNELL - Cambridge, Waikato
by ngairedith 9 months, 1 week ago
William LOCKLEY
William was born about 1821 in Rhode Island USA, son of John a gamekeeper, and as a young man worked in a Birmingham cutlery factory. He enlisted as a regular soldier in the 65th Regiment and served in the Crimea and India. He came to New Zealand about 1858 and he married Elizabeth Connell (who had a daughter Fanny) in 1860. They then had nine children - Isabella, Henry, Jack, Basil, Caroline, Alice, Ellen, Mary and David.
William enlisted in the 3rd Waikato Militia on 23 November 1863 in Nelson. His Regiment Number was Private 945 and occupation a soldier.
They farmed on the Hamilton Road bordering the Town's Green Belt and later lived in Bowen Street. From 1870 to 1888 William's occupation was listed as a sawyer and he died 31 May 1890.

William LOCKLEY married Elizabeth CONNELL in 1852

their children were:

18.. - Isabella Lockley
- Isabella married Robert FERGUSON in 1880

1860 - 1926 Henry Lockley
- Henry married Elizabeth FERGUSSON in 1882

18.. - Jack Lockley

1865 - 1939 Basil Lockley
- Basil married Mary DAVITT in 1892

18.. - Caroline Locley
- Caroline married Joseph McMILLAN in 1888

18.. - Alice Lockley

18.. - Ellen Lockley
- Ellen married Daniel SKELLY in 1875

18.. - Mary Lockley
- Mary married James COLLINS in 1871

1873 - 1921 David Lockley
Fry - Goulton - Farr - Langford - Wilson - Russ

Offline Tillie-NZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 19:24 BST (UK) »
Found this on someones family tree page:

William LOCKLEY + Elizabeth CONNELL - Cambridge, Waikato
by ngairedith 9 months, 1 week ago
William LOCKLEY
William was born about 1821 in Rhode Island USA, son of John a gamekeeper, and as a young man worked in a Birmingham cutlery factory. He enlisted as a regular soldier in the 65th Regiment and served in the Crimea and India. He came to New Zealand about 1858 and he married Elizabeth Connell (who had a daughter Fanny) in 1860. They then had nine children - Isabella, Henry, Jack, Basil, Caroline, Alice, Ellen, Mary and David.
William enlisted in the 3rd Waikato Militia on 23 November 1863 in Nelson. His Regiment Number was Private 945 and occupation a soldier.
They farmed on the Hamilton Road bordering the Town's Green Belt and later lived in Bowen Street. From 1870 to 1888 William's occupation was listed as a sawyer and he died 31 May 1890.

William LOCKLEY married Elizabeth CONNELL in 1852

their children were:

18.. - Isabella Lockley
- Isabella married Robert FERGUSON in 1880

1860 - 1926 Henry Lockley
- Henry married Elizabeth FERGUSSON in 1882

18.. - Jack Lockley

1865 - 1939 Basil Lockley
- Basil married Mary DAVITT in 1892

18.. - Caroline Locley
- Caroline married Joseph McMILLAN in 1888

18.. - Alice Lockley

18.. - Ellen Lockley
- Ellen married Daniel SKELLY in 1875

18.. - Mary Lockley
- Mary married James COLLINS in 1871

1873 - 1921 David Lockley
Fry - Goulton - Farr - Langford - Wilson - Russ

Offline Jillian Bellringer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 23 April 12 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi
My maiden name is Lockley and my ancestor is William Lockley and Elizabeth Connell from Cambridge. I come from Henry Lockley their son.  I have got William's death cert from NZBMD.  He was born near Birmingham, England not Rhode Island USA as the Cambridge Museum says.  There are afew mistakes on it.  I also have Elizabeth Lockley's Death cert as well and marriage cert.  I also have worked out she is the daughter of Basil and Mary Connell, they arrived on the Bombay into Nelson on 1842.  Have them on the 1841 census in Whitehaven, Cumberland, England.  I live in New Plymouth, New Zealand and am totally hooked on family trees.

Regards

Jillian

Offline Bona

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 23 April 12 21:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Jillian,
Welcome to the Lockley,Connell, Farr family topic, not to forget the other names mentioned.
How amazing! Just one post to find info about my husband's g.grandmother and look what's happened! Family member's from all over the country adding to the vital family history.
Please tell us about your line from William and Elizabeth Connell and any other info you would like to share.Mike's father was named after William Lockley.

Kind regards
Rosanna
Christina,Christini, Decristina, Lucchi,Sims, Christie,Crago,Sinclair, Hathaway,Dods,Grattan,Farr,Lockley,Hassen,Mullan,Gemmell,

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 09:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosanna

I come from Henry Lockley son of William and Elizabeth.  He married Elizabeth Ferguson.  They came to South Taranaki to farm and brought up 12 children.
Their son Henry Edward Lockley and Jessie Millar were my Great Great Grandparents.  Their son Gordon Lockley was my grandfather (Waitara, Taranaki).  His son is Graeme Lockley my father.  We do come from an very large family.  Have you checked out www.myrasplace.net for the Lockley/Ferguson family tree, that is where I got most of my stuff from as Clive Ferguson has done alot of work on it.  Alot of the stuff on the Cambridge Musuem site is mostly correct but there are errors on it.  I have found the graves of William and Elizabeth Lockley buried at Hautapu cemetery Cambridge.  There are no headstones but I have taken photos of where the site is.  Got infor from the ladies at the Cambridge musuem, cemetery plans. Don't have much family infor on the other children of William and Elizabeth Lockley.
Are you able to help me?

Kind Regards

Jillian 

Offline Bona

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 11:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Jillian,

Can please you give me the exact  date of Elizabeth and William's marriage. I believe it was about 1852. Their daughter Frances Isabella Connell Lockley, born about one year before their marriage.In 1867 she married Alfred Elias Farr. Their daughter Caroline Emily Farr married Henry Grattan, who became my husband's grandparents.Can you tell me when your 1st Henry Lockley was born please? Two of William and Elizabeth's children were Sarah Helen 1858 and Eliza Alice 1875. I think there were about 13 in total. Katmon gave me the list.I will look for it tomorrow.
Was your g.grandmother Jessie Ellen Anderson Miller. If so they were married in 1905 and some of their children were 1906 Jessie Agnes,1907 Henry James,1908 David William, 1910 Marjorie Evelyn,1912 Ruby Ellen.You probably know all that already!The whole family seems to be huge!!I can't believe how many children they all had back then!Mike father was one of 11.
Had a look at the site but seems to be down at the moment.

Kind regards Rosanna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 11:46 BST (UK) »
hi

Try www.myrasplace.net/ferguson/fam00298.htm
I just went into it and it worked.
Married 25 June 1852 William and Elizabeth
I believe she was a child out of wedlock to elizabeth ?  not sure the father
william or someone else. Have not being able to find the birth cert.  In fact most of the childrens births certs missing from the NZBMD>>>>>>>>>>
9 June 1860 was Henry's birth date - one of the few certs for the kids

I have only being able to work out eleven children - two of which are buried at cambridge with their parents.  Can you please send me the new list. thks
Jessie and Henry Edward married in 7 June 1905.  she lived to 100 years.  met her several times when I was younger, wish I was doing this back then to ask her lots of questions. 
Both my grandparents have recently died too.
I have not being able to find Caroline Emily Farr's birth on NZBMD under what name is it reg ?
Had a look at the english census for Alfred Elias Farr too.  He must of sailed to nz between 1851 and 1868 which he is listed in a NZ paper for land ballot.
Kind Regards

Jillian Bellringer 

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 11:49 BST (UK) »
hi

where do you live.  I am in New Plymouth, NZ