Author Topic: Help please with look up at Cemetery, Putney Vale, Stag Lane, London  (Read 2359 times)

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help please with look up at Cemetery, Putney Vale, Stag Lane, London
« on: Sunday 27 September 09 08:25 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have been informed that if I either go to the cemetery or write in with a cheque for £47 I can find out all details of where my grandfather is buried.  Sadly I cannot get to the cemetery (as I live some distance from it) or afford to pay £47.  The cemetery office is at Putney Vale, Stag Lane, London.  I was informed over the phone that once all the details are given to the office staff there that they would give an index number and that it is then a matter of looking up in the appropriate ledger.

I am enquiring as to whether anybody out there lives near to Putney Vale Cemetery, Stag Lane who would be kind enough to do this for me. I of course would be eternally grateful. This would also complete another part of my jigsaw.

I have all the details of my grandfather's death, he died in Hospital but I also have his home address etc etc.

When I was searching for my father's resting place the office at Brighton looked the details up for me and even sent me a map, all for free.

Please, please contact me if you could help.

Kind Regards

Kathryn

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help please with look up at Cemetery, Putney Vale, Stag Lane, London
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 September 09 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hi all, just to let you know I work Mon to Fri and get home around 6pm.  Any messages posted will be checked in the evening and replied to. 

Kind Regards

Kathryn

Offline Marion_C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 December 09 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kathryn,

Did you have any luck with this?  I am planning a trip to Putney Vale Cemetery in the next few weeks so please pm me if you still need help.

Marion

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 December 09 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thank you one and all for your kind help in this matter.  My mystery has been solved.  My ancestors are not at Putney Vale as previously thought but at Streatham and they were cremated.  Once again you have all been so helpful and I thank you.

Kind Regards

Kathryn