Author Topic: Michael Herbert Roberts  (Read 3799 times)

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Michael Herbert Roberts
« on: Monday 28 September 09 02:12 BST (UK) »
I'm searching for the above gentleman.  He was born in Llanfyllin on 2nd March 1934 & may have been adopted around 1937.  Does anyone know of him, please?  He may not still be alive but he may have family who are.   I am a Roberts' relation who would like to find him or his relatives.  Thank you.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Herbert Roberts
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 September 09 09:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Amberly, do you have the birth date wrong, or did the mother take a whole month to register the birth?

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

The problem if he was adopted, as you know, is his surnasme would have changed.  However there is a Michael H Roberts married to a Worthington in 1961 Wrexham area.

Skewy

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 September 09 13:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this info.   Yes his mother could certainly have taken that long to register him!  Wrexham is definately a place he could have gone to & his surname may not have changed.   Is there any way I can contact these people or find out more about the family in Wrexham at the present time???  How could I look up to see if he's died for instance?  Thank you again. Amberly
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 September 09 13:43 BST (UK) »

Hi Amberly, it is highly possible that born 1934 he is still alive. There is in fact a M H Roberts in the phone book in the Wrexham area.

Other than that it could be down to writing/phoning the local radio station and asking.

A trip to the records office might yield something, but alas we both live to far away.

Skewy

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 September 09 13:58 BST (UK) »
I wondered about looking at the electoral role & could get the street address that way, but if there's a phone # I'd be very happy to phone it even though I'm in another country.   It would be so exciting to find him & I was so hoping he hadn't died!  Amberly.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 28 September 09 14:13 BST (UK) »
I got the info.  Thank you so much . I have to go out now but will be back in an hour & act on it. Will let you know how I got on in due course!   I was born in Wrexham so I do know of the area, although I haven't been there in many years.   Thanks again, A

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 28 September 09 16:46 BST (UK) »
No luck! It was the wrong person, wrong place of birth & DOB.   Too bad.    But worth the try.   I have sent for the birth cert a while ago but it hasn't arrived yet.   I'll look now for a marr cert, BUT maybe his surname did change???     Thanks for all your efforts.  A

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 28 September 09 20:34 BST (UK) »

Sorry it didn't work out. But Nil desperandum as the search goes on.

Skewy

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 28 September 09 20:56 BST (UK) »
Did you see I'd also sent you a personal message?    Just wondered because in the last e-mail you didn't mention it.     A.