Author Topic: frustration is  (Read 19973 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: frustration is
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 10 March 15 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Glad you did, Chana.  :)
Frustration is seeing the announcement of new records added online, only to find either the parish or the years I want are missing.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 10 March 15 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Frustration is when you find someone in 1841, 1851(with a partner, who was not the parent of the two children with the one in 1841), find her again in 1861, but can never fix her age, parentage, death or anything, because she also had just about the two commonest names in the area, there's no father on the childrens' birth certs, or baptism records - and you just want to shout "Who the Hell were you?" after years of hunting.
All my mysteries are on the same line,  hardly anyone seemed to get hatched, matched and despatched in a seemly manner, or keep the same birthdate, or name throughout their life.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 10 March 15 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Frustration is also those inconsiderate ancestors who died between 1841 and 1851.......
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.