Author Topic: 1841 Census Look Up Please  (Read 3036 times)

Offline dhouston

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1841 Census Look Up Please
« on: Thursday 01 October 09 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hello.
Can anybody help me with details please?
Job Tucker, born about 1824, Crookhorn, Somerset.
Might be him in Melksham district.
Thank you.

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census Look Up Please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 October 09 00:28 BST (UK) »
The only one I can see is living in Melksham HO107/1182/13/10/11/14

Job Tucker 20 (unsure of his occupation)
Jane 20
Wm 4
Maria 2
George 9 mths.   all born in the county.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline dhouston

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 October 09 01:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 October 09 02:17 BST (UK) »
Is he the Job Tucker living in Hampshire in the 1881 census, widower with children Henry & Agnes?

If so, in 1851/1861/1871 his wife was Mary A b. Ireland, and in 1861 he was in the Royal Artillery, in 1851 his birthplace is given as Glastonbury, other census Crookhorn (?)

Did you already know any of this census information, or would you like the details?  If you knew, it always helps to put as much information as you can, to save us searching.  :)

If this is the right man, then the one Patrish  found in 1841 isn't right, as his occupation was a Shoemaker and that family is still in Trowbridge in 1851, and that Job was born Trowbridge (sorry Patrish)

I haven't yet found the 1841 for him but would expect him to be in either Somerset or Hampshire.  You may need to get his marriage cert to find his father's name and occupation to trace him in 1841

Kind regards
Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline dhouston

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 02 October 09 10:57 BST (UK) »
Job Tucker Jnr emigrated to New Zealand 1874.
I have details of those years, they put his age between 20 and 24.
Thank you.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 02 October 09 11:28 BST (UK) »
Is he the Job Tucker living in Hampshire in the 1881 census, widower with children Henry & Agnes?

Job Tucker Jnr emigrated to New Zealand 1874.
I have details of those years, they put his age between 20 and 24.
Thank you.

I'm not quite clear on this, do you mean that the family I have found 1851-1881 is the correct one, or not??

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline dhouston

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 October 09 16:02 BST (UK) »
Yes that's the same Job Tucker.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 02 October 09 16:11 BST (UK) »
It helps if you can give us as much information as possible  :)

Can I suggest again that you get his marriage cert to find his father's details, which hopefully will help us to find him in 1841, of course he could already have left home by then.  There are a couple of Job Taylors in 1841, not sure which one he would be without more information.  Also on some of the census index he is transcribed as John, if that is the case in 1841 there could be a lot more possibles.

Kind regards
Barbara