Author Topic: Williams family, Dolwyddelan, Australia  (Read 1354 times)

Offline brynorme

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Williams family, Dolwyddelan, Australia
« on: Thursday 01 October 09 22:48 BST (UK) »
x

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Williams family, Dolwyddelan, Australia
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 October 09 00:09 BST (UK) »
Hi

I do have a Robert Williams born circa the same time. BUT there are others to choose from and mine has no middle initial. He is not in my direct line and I have no reason to trace his exact birth. I see 2 RGW's born in the same year in the Festiniog area.
Have you taken your ancestry any further back which may help. There is a marriage in 1907 in NorthWales BMD and/or FreeBMD which would give his father and it is also fairly easy to spot some of the children.
If you can provide information to support the possibility that we have the same person then I can help you take your tree back a little further.
I can only see a Bwlch Cynyd near Dolwyddelan. You can spot this on www.old-maps.co.uk. It is just outside the town to the East. There is a Bwlch Cynwyd but this is at a guess 30 miles away and does not seem to be a farm. Incidentally Bwlch usually translates as pass (as in a mountain pass).
By the way Dolwyddelan is in Caernarvonshire for FH purposes alhough actually in Gwynedd in modern Wales.
If you search on that county you will see a few threads relating to Williams's in Dolwyddelan.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"