Author Topic: Armstrong of Derryvullan  (Read 3065 times)

Offline KMurray

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Armstrong of Derryvullan
« on: Friday 02 October 09 20:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks to the 1821 Census I now know that I am looking for the family and preceding generation of William Armstrong (b. 1750) who married Isabella (b. 1743).  At the time of the census they lived in Cassidy, Co. Ferm. with daughters Mary and Francess.  They had a son William (my ancestor) and perhaps a son James.  I would like to know the next link back and would welcome any other information about the mother and other siblings.  I am hoping someone else is researching either William's or Isabella's lines.
Armstrong / Blakeley or Bleakley of Fermanagh Ireland to Australia, Carr / Medhurst of Kent England to Australia, Armstrong / Kirk of Northumberland, England to Canada, Murray / Major of Lanark, Scotland

Offline markallenr

• RootsChat Extra
  • My FH Blog: http://beattyarmstrong.blogspot.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Armstrong of Derryvullan
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 April 10 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathy-

My wife and I are currently working on her Armstrong/Beatty/McKinney line out of Ireland.

We also have a series of William Armstrongs:
*Taken from family Bible belonging to Anne Beatty 1828 (FIVEMILETOWN)

William Armstrong (b: 1817, Ireland) m:May 14, 1847 in Parish of Lisnaskea, Aghalurcher, Co. of Fermanagh. (Father: William)
Spouse: Anne Beatty (b: 1819, Fermanagh, Ire (d: 1891, Buried: Laghey, Ireland)
              (Father) Also, William.

Children: All born in Coxtown, Near Bridgetown.
              Isabella (b: 26 Oct. 1848) Never married (d; 29 Oct. 1927)
               William (b: 26 Oct 1850) Went to Austrailia then NZ where he lived & Died.
                         **THIS IS MY WIFE'S GRT GRANDFATHER.
               Elizabeth (b:1852) Married Edward Carre Magee (USA, PA)
               Annie (b:1854/55)
               Eleanor Georgina (b:1859) Died:USA in 1942
               Mervyn (b:1861)

Does this sound like your family line?

Mark R.

Offline KMurray

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Armstrong of Derryvullan
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 April 10 14:57 BST (UK) »
It doesn't unfortunately.  But thank you for thinking of me and bringing it to my attention.  Good luck in your own research.

Kathy
Armstrong / Blakeley or Bleakley of Fermanagh Ireland to Australia, Carr / Medhurst of Kent England to Australia, Armstrong / Kirk of Northumberland, England to Canada, Murray / Major of Lanark, Scotland