Author Topic: Doctor Fenton in Lairg  (Read 2813 times)

Offline vivwill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Doctor Fenton in Lairg
« on: Saturday 03 October 09 22:15 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information in relation to the period that James FENTON was a doctor in Lairg.

He was born in Perth 1872, son of James and Anne Fenton.   We understand he was Lairg up to about 1899 but I would like to have more detail than that.   He left Lairg to go to South Africa where he died in 1912.

Greatly appreciate any assistance.

Vivwill  :D

Willis - Lanc & Ire.;  Dunning - Lanc.; Gatward - Herts; Cossar; Fenton Perth Sco;

Offline Mountainpeople

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Fenton in Lairg
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 October 10 17:52 BST (UK) »
Have you tried writing to the editor of The Northern Times? It's published in Golspie - the address would be
The Editor
Northern Times
High Street
Golspie
Sutherland.
They print snippets of history from over one hundred years, and a 'local' doctor going to South Africa would have made news. Perhaps also an enquiry to Lairg Health Centre, High Street, Lairg, Sutherland, would get you somewhere. Dr Dickson who worked there for over forty years has only just retired, and he might know someone he can put you in touch with so if you wrote to him c/o the practice I'm sure you would get a reply. Lairg is a very small place, and everyone knows everyone so you have a very good chance of finding someone who can help
Grays, Dunns, McKinlays, Frasers, Hannays, Thomsons, East Lothian, Dumfriesshire, Glasgow. Adams, Kings, Floods, Woolfe's, Exeter, London

Offline vivwill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Fenton in Lairg
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 October 10 21:56 BST (UK) »

Hello,   thankyou so much for your suggestions.   I will follow those leads.
Your help is truly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Vivwill
Willis - Lanc & Ire.;  Dunning - Lanc.; Gatward - Herts; Cossar; Fenton Perth Sco;