Author Topic: Powell family of Montgomeryshire  (Read 1304 times)

Offline blackcountry man

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Powell family of Montgomeryshire
« on: Sunday 04 October 09 12:21 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

My x3 Great Grandfather James Powell born abt 1803, Montgomeryshire, Wales married in 1827 Coreley, Shropshire a Susannah Cranage born 1809, Coreley, Shropshire.

I've been unable to trace James Powell any further back but I do know that a number of Powells where living in Coreley and the nearby area at the time of his marriage so I'm thinking he may have been related to them somehow. I'm also thinking the Powells living at Coreley may have moved from Montgomeryshire area and our family roots are from that area.

James profession was a Malster (mixed the hops and barley for the brewing of beers) which took the family to Ludlow and then later to the Black Country. My family still live in the Black Country area today.

Does anyone have any connections with James or maybe a Powell family that were from Montgomeryshire but moved to the Ludlow and Coreley areas of Shropshire. Maybe your Powell family were involved in the brewing trade which would connect with James because I thinking his family may have been involved somehow.

Any help or advice would be fantastic.

Kind regards
Adrian Powell ;D