Author Topic: Clara Hirst - Barnsley York - birth  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Clara Hirst - Barnsley York - birth
« on: Thursday 06 May 04 12:37 BST (UK) »
Is it possible for some one to look for the birth of Clara Hirst.

She was born in Barnsley York on 20th May 1888. Her parents were Ben Hirst and Matilda. Don't know how big a task this would be but if it can be done i would appreciate it.

If possible i want to find the maiden name of her mother to confirm if a marriage i found on the freebmd site is the right one before i try to order the certificate.

Thanks

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Clara Hirst - Barnsley York - birth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 November 04 09:58 GMT (UK) »
The birth index at that time will not give the maiden/previous name of mother. All you can do is look for any male/ unmarried female in-laws on census with them to get a clue.

If that fails, then you need to order Clara's birth certificate to get the info.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.