Author Topic: 1901 Census Look up Glasgow/Battersby  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Montmartrobus

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
1901 Census Look up Glasgow/Battersby
« on: Monday 07 March 05 11:39 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if any kind person out there could help me with a look-up and maybe give some ideas too.

My Great Grandfather (Felix Battersby) was married in Glasgow in 1902 (Janet McMillan) at Sacred Heart Church in Bridgeton. It seems as though both he and his wife came to Scotland from Rathfriland in Co Down Ireland. 

I do not believe he is listed in the 1901 census. There were other Battersby's in the area and I am trying to figure out whether there was any connection between him and those Battersby's.

His address at the time of his marriage was 26 Franklin St Bridgeton Glasgow. Could anyone take a look for me and let me know who was living at that address when 1901 census was done?

His wife's address seems to be something like 41 Hackinlaw St, Bridgeton Glasgow. Same question in my mind.

many thanks ..  :D

PS- First time user of Rootschat. It looks like a very good site.
Battersby- (Scotland & Ireland)
O'Hanlon - (Scotland & Ireland)
Coyle - (Scotland & Ireland)
Gilkison - (Scotland & Ireland)

Offline Busbyuk

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census Look up Glasgow/Battersby
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 March 06 00:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi.

More than just likely coincidence but my grandfather moved from Glasgow and his name is Felix Battersby. Moved around 35 years ago I think it would be maybe more.

Now live in South wales.

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census Look up Glasgow/Battersby
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 March 06 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately the 1901 census available on ScotlandsPeople cannot be searched by address only by name.

Carrying out a search without viewing the pages shows 14 Battersby's living in Glasgow City area for the 1901 census with none of them recorded in Bridgeton.
The McMillan's are rather more prolific with 271 in Bridgeton alone (3484 for Glasgow City)