Author Topic: KEATING, Thomas and Bridget - c1820-70  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Gerry_R

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KEATING, Thomas and Bridget - c1820-70
« on: Wednesday 07 October 09 02:59 BST (UK) »
Mary KEATING was my Great Grandmother. Her marriage and death records, in Melbourne, Australia, state that she was from Co Clare, and her parents were Thomas KEATING (a farmer) and Bridget KEATING.
From the available records, I calculate that she was born abt 1839, and emigrated to Melbourne, Australia, in about 1851, but I have no record of her birth or migration.
In Melbourne, she married Philip Rohan, from Co Cork, in 1867.
I am interested in finding any family connection in Ireland.
Jennings/Jenness (Norwich); Jennings (Victoria, Australia); Farrow (Middlesex); Pye (Leicestershire); Service (N Ireland; New Zealand; Victoria); Hollinger (N Ireland); Rohan and Buckley (Co Cork, Ireland); Rohan (Victoria); Keating (Co Clare, Ireland); Lewis (Wales); Baldwin (Staffordshire); Lewis and Baldwin (West Aust); Baird and Davidson/Smith (East Lothian, Sco.); Jack and Watson (Banffshire, Sco.); Bostock (Middlesex);

Offline KFR

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: KEATING, Thomas and Bridget - c1820-70
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 November 11 01:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi - There are many Keatings in Co. Clare from the area near Kilbaha, and I know that some have emigrated to Australia.  Do you have any other names to go by?  I don't have a thomas or Bridget in the specific years you mentioned.

Offline Gerry_R

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: KEATING, Thomas and Bridget - c1820-70
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 November 11 03:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for replying, KFR.

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no other information other than that on Mary KEATING's marriage and death certificates. The records indicate that her mother's maiden name was Bridget KEATING so that she did not change her name when she married Thomas KEATING - probably in the 1830s.

But I have no other names to go by. It would have been better if Bridget had had a different surname, wouldn't it?

With so many KEATINGs in Co. Clare, it makes searching very difficult.

Thanks for your efforts, KFR.

Gerry
Jennings/Jenness (Norwich); Jennings (Victoria, Australia); Farrow (Middlesex); Pye (Leicestershire); Service (N Ireland; New Zealand; Victoria); Hollinger (N Ireland); Rohan and Buckley (Co Cork, Ireland); Rohan (Victoria); Keating (Co Clare, Ireland); Lewis (Wales); Baldwin (Staffordshire); Lewis and Baldwin (West Aust); Baird and Davidson/Smith (East Lothian, Sco.); Jack and Watson (Banffshire, Sco.); Bostock (Middlesex);